Monday, 7 March 2011

Serendipity

Serendipity.

"An aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident"

Well, here's a little example:

I have to do a couple of "duties" a week at work.

I hate duty.

Especially outside.

I hate being forced to walk around in the cold and the rain for half an hour while there is tons of stuff to do on my desk.

Well, this term I'm on duty by the astroturf on a Thursday lunchtime.

Primarily to ensure that year 10 boys don't kick their footballs through the Headmaster's Study windows by accident.

However, it is precisely when my daughter and her little year 2 friends are all doing "Football Club"!

Such a joy to watch them try to pass the ball to each other!

And, of course, steal a quick kiss through the fencing when she runs up to see me!

Serendipity!

7 comments:

PippaD said...

What a great "treat" for you!

Polly said...

Now that is a cherry on top!

libby said...

You must be so happy! how lovely.

Kelloggsville said...

win: win :0)

Maggie May said...

I know too well what outdoor duty is like as I did it for years in all kinds of weather. However, at least you have a little diversion this time. Hope she scores!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Lorraine The Party Times said...

beautiful!

Scrimcat said...

serendipity is my very favourite word. I have now passed the love of the word to my son (11) who tries to get it or serendipitous into any piece of written work he does.