Tuesday, 29 March 2011

How to enjoy Mothers' Day

Yes, it's come round again.

Mothering Sunday is this Sunday.

A day to cherish mothers everywhere.

So what do I want for Mothers' Day?

Hmmmm, let me see.......

  • to wake up naturally having had enough sleep (ie not by an alarm, husband's snoring or daughter jumping on top of me)
  • to experience the magic fairies for myself (you know, the ones who do the washing, cleaning, tidying, etc)
  • to have five minutes' peace at some point during the day
However, after six years of Mothers' Days I think I have realised the best way to enjoy it..........

................ lower my expectations.

10 comments:

Mrs Average said...

So true. Every now and again, amongst the stress of life, I manage to enjoy any days with the little Averages, not just Mothering Sunday. Its just a commercial enterprise (hark at me the cynic) anyway. We are Mothers all year round.... I just enjoy the home made cards.

BNM said...

I'm making sure that I get spoilt by taking myself and the family out for sunday dinner. I will have relaxing day even if I pay for it myself!!

BNM

Kelloggsville said...

It being remembered would be a bonus in my house! Last year I bought myself a handbag!

libby said...

Here's to getting what you want, and enjoy the day either way.

Polly said...

Now that is good advice!

scrappysue said...

but that's really not much too ask for, is it? here's hoping u get it!

claire said...

Hmmm I had the worst Mother's Day last year and ended up crying in the toilet! Can't be worse than that!

Working Mum said...

Claire - that's dreadful. Is it too much to ask to be appreciated and have a day off the never ending grind of motherhood? I hope you get spoilt rotten this year!

Maggie May said...

Yes...... if you don't expect too much, then you won't be disappointed!
I am usually pleasantly surprised when I take this approach.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

Kay is 200 miles away revising for exams, so how do I spoend the day?...........gutting out the kitchen in prepartion for the painter to come and do my ceiling.