Friday, 4 March 2011

How do you like your eggs in the morning?

Recently I have been encouraging daughter to be a little more independent. To take more responsibility for herself and her wellbeing. Now that she's really keen on cooking I had the idea for her to start making her own breakfast, rather than just pouring herself a glass of juice and putting her order in!

Today I mooted the idea:

"Would you like to make your own breakfasts?" I asked.

"Oooo yeah!" she replied, with much more enthusiasm than I expected.

"Really?"

"Yeah! Chocolate ice cream every morning!"

Not exactly what I had in mind.

4 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

'help' in the morning drives me nuts. I'm more of a 'sit there and I'll deliver it to you' mum! She does know how to do it herself and could if she had to though. and I guess it would involve chocolate somewhere too!

Polly said...

Now thats a clever cookie!

Sarah said...

Oooh, you're in The Times as a 'confessions online' blogger!
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/relationships/article2934453.ece

Your traffic should jump a ton! :)

Working Mum said...

Sarah - OMG!!!! I think I'm pretty small fry in the blogosphere - how did that happen?