Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Giving up for Lent

Yesterday we had our pancakes. Lovely homemade ones with the traditional lemon and sugar. We talked to daughter about why we eat pancakes and about Lent and why we give something up during Lent.

So we all decided:

Daddy's giving up bread.

(Very good idea, he has a real bread habit and it's not good for him)

Mummy's giving up chocolate.

(I know, I know, but it was either that or wine so you can see why I chose chocolate!)

Daughter said she'd give up "seconds".

However, when I picked her up from school today she declared she couldn't give up seconds because there may be crumble on Sunday.

"So what are you giving up?" I asked.

"Eating bogeys"!!

Euwww!

6 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

Daughter has given up pancakes (!), Hubby has given up exercise (!!), I have given up chocolate, alcohol and coffee. Guess which one of us is going to suffer!!!

Maggie May said...

Ha, ha, ha!
If I was stronger willed I'd give up chocolate.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

Eeugh indeed. Kay has given uip chocolate and she is already having withdrawal symptoms

Polly said...

Smart chicken!

Anonymous said...

I dont give up anything as I ont see the poit..not religious at all...I would fail anyway. Although giving up seconds would be good for my waistline!

Catharine Withenay said...

I have given up eating bogeys too... !!

There was a suggestion in our house to give up homework, but I thought school might not be too impressed...