Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Rapunzel in a Tangle

Right, happy posts again, I promise.

Actually, I had a very happy time last Saturday.

We did our "mummy and daughter" thing:

a hot chocolate for her, a cup of tea for me and a good film.

We went to see Disney's new film "Tangled":


It almost passed me by.

I hadn't seen any publicity for it and I hadn't even realised that it was actually based on the story of Rapunzel. In fact, Disney's original title for the film was "Rapunzel":

but they changed it to "Tangled" saying it was a "really fresh, smart take on the Rapunzel story".

Well, it certainly was that.

Great story, great characters, fabulous villain.

The songs were a little cheesy, but then, it is Disney.

We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well, apart from when the mum sitting behind me spoiled the ending by telling her son what was going to happen so loudly that we all heard.

Why?

Why would you do that?

Anyway, if you're looking for something to do on a wet afternoon in half term I would recommend a couple of hours at the cinema watching "Tangled".

Just watch who you sit in front of!

8 comments:

libby said...

Mom and daughter time......aahh how I miss it.....and what a stupid woman behind you.....

Maggie May said...

I'd like to see that myself!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

claire said...

How lovely to be able to go and see a nice Disney film like that - boys tend not to go for fairy tales!!!

gigi said...

After seeing this my youngest GRAND~daughter went home and cut all her hair off. She asked her mommy if she was as pretty has Rapunzel?? She loves her hair short. Her mother had a screaming crying fit but has now gotten over it :) That movie will always bring those memories.

Working Mum said...

Claire - the boys may like it, that's why Disney changed the title, she's not your average soppy princess and there are thieves and soldiers and lots of adventure!

Gigi - Oh my goodness!! I've just checked with daughter that she's not planning on cutting her hair off!

Mama Stokes said...

Ooooohhhhhhh so thats why the Rapunzel bag I bought my daughter for nursery was only £5!!! Because they got em cheap hehehe x

Working Mum said...

Mama Stokes - hang on to that, it'll be a collector's item!

scrappysue said...

we loved this movie too! no awful pop culture references - how refreshing!!!