Monday, 28 February 2011

Half Term Happiness

I have my laptop back and it's intact!!

Have laptop, will blog!

I'm afraid I won't be wading through the 607 unread posts in my google reader, but I will get round to visiting you all eventually.

So, on with the blog......

Half Term was busy as usual so I'll just give the highlights:

  • daughter got new hamster, "Nibbles"
  • I got a new bike! Love it!

  • I got a new car!!! "Persephone Polo"
  • We went for a walk around Alderley Edge to look for wizards and witches
  • Endured lunch with MIL (precisely 11 minutes before she began to be depressing and talk about illness and death) but the food was good
  • We went for a bike ride on our bikes. I love my new bike! Why did I wait so long to get a new one?

  • I baked lots of bread (inspired by Lorraine Pascale)

  • Bought some of these:
  • and some of these:
for my neice, nephew and goddaughter.
(Now feeling very smug about getting ahead for Easter)

  • I watched "Avatar" (bit disappointing, must have been great in 3-D on cinema, not so impressive on a little portable TV in my bedroom)

  • I watched "Coco avant Chanel" (Very disappointing; didn't really go into any depth about her life except her ability to sleep with men for self gain)

  • Reread two "Lucia" books by E F Benson; I'd forgotten how good they are.

  • Booked daughter's birthday party at pony riding centre again. If it ain't broke........

  • Made some biscuits:


Guess who chose the design?

Now it's back to work and "hello inspectors"!

12 comments:

KLo said...

I wonder if it's in the MIL job description to be depressing and talk about illness and death? The one positive note in an otherwise dreadful divorce situation (alcoholism that led to abuse ... and that whole "What happened to the man I married?" thing) was the knowledge that I do not ever have to listen to her go on and on anymore.

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

I used to love walking on Alderley Edge when I lived there! Alan Garner brought it to life in his books :)

Maggie May said...

Those horsey biscuits look brilliant.
Glad everything is back to normal for you all now.
Be careful on the roads.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Stacey said...

Newest Follower!
<3 your blog!
Stopping by from:
http://madeofsnails.blogspot.com/
&
http://staceylovesscents.blogspot.com/

I hope you will follow me back :)
I have some great giveaways going right now!

Studentmum said...

Hi! I regularly enjoy reading your blog and have awarded you a stylish blogger award. For more details visit http://studyingparent.blogspot.com/

claire said...

Welcome back! Have to say you were unlucky that you had to pay the vets to put the hamster down. My experience of hamsters (Peanut 1, Peanut 2 and Peanut3!!!) is that they are a. found dead, b. found dead and c. escaped from cage and was found dead under fridge whilst I was consuming porridge. Never had to put one down, not once!

Sass said...

Congrats on the good health of your laptop. I was worried for you...

Horse biscuits look tasty. Much more affordable than the real thing!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I've seen Avatar so many times, love it! Amy's fascinated with the costumes they wear!!

Amy's nana is very depressing when she talks, always about dying and being ill. She's 90 and really fit for her age, I can see her living at least another 10 years but she is constantly going on about "it won't be long now"....!

CJ xx

sally in norfolk said...

Glad you have your laptop back and all fixed :-)
Phew your half term was busy :-)

Natts said...

Hi, newbie follower of your blog here! Looks like you had a fab half term!!! I look forward to reading more of your bloggings :)

Lorraine The Party Times said...

Pleased your lap top back up and running - must have been strange without it!

scrappysue said...

what sort of bike did you get? road or mountain