Saturday, 22 January 2011

A Working Mum No More

It's the end of an era.



It doesn't feel right.



No longer a working mum.





Not me!!

Nooooooooo

My Mum

This week my mum retired.

She is no longer a working mum.

She can sit back and enjoy her retirement.

Or, knowing my mum, buzz around like a busy bee doing lots of other stuff instead.

(Hmm, so that's where I get it from!)

Tonight we're going out for a family meal to celebrate and instead of a cake, I've made some cupcakes for the occasion.

Now, what kind of cupcakes do you make for a retiring working mum?



Shoes and handbags, of course!

13 comments:

Studentmum said...

My Mum retired last year at the age of 67. Now she's busier than ever with the National Trust, U3A, Theatre Group etc etc!

Maggie May said...

I think they would do nicely!
Hope she spends many years of happiness in retirement.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Wow you are a talent with the cupcake designs. I love them, so classy. Just had a great time reading back on past posts. Well done on the brilliant weight loss, truly impressive.

Loved your Christmas post on making sure your MIL got away. I have similar problems here too!

Hope your mum has the time of her life in retirement.

mater familias said...

Now they look really nice!

Catharine Withenay said...

Good luck to your Mum! I'm sure that before long she'll wonder how she ever had time to work. And I love the cupcakes - how cute!

Mrs Average said...

She's so lucky..... those cakes look a delight!

Lorraine The Party Times said...

beautiful cupcakes, as ever!!

Expat mum said...

Ooh, I have cupcake envy. Don't tell me you made them? Is there anything this woman can't do? Anyway, congrats to mum. If she's anything like mine she'll be volunteering by the end of next week!

Polly said...

Congratulations to your mum - must admit you gave me a bit of a fright!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Fantastic cupcakes! I'm sure her retirement will be very much appreciated.

CJ xx

@ly said...

Congrats to your Mum. Take time to enjoy some of her retirement with her! You will be happy you did.

Helen Conway said...

Oh wow! Now what is she going to do with all the energy I always remember her having?! Tell her I said congratulations.

Suburbia said...

Gosh, thought it was you for a min!
Hope you all hada great time :-)