Wednesday, 5 January 2011

The Weight Loss Secrets of Working Mum

Happy New Year!

New Year is traditionally a time when a lot of us make a resolution to lose weight.

Well, I won't be making that resolution this year!!

Permit me a moment of smugness ...........

You remember at the start of June I embarked on a quest to lose 16lb?

I said if it worked I'd let you know how I did it.

Well ............

................... ta dah!




So, how did I do it?

Well, I decided that:

  1. I can't take out an evening to attend a weight loss class (far too busy being a working mum)
  2. I love messing about on the internet
  3. I love cooking (and baking, which was one of my problems)
  4. I don't want a faddy diet, I want to eat sensibly and healthily again, permanently
So I put it all together and decided to join tescodiets.com which is all conducted via t'internet. Perfect!

I chose the Light Choices Recipe Plan so I could still indulge my love of cooking, I picked up a few new recipes which went down well with the whole Working Mum Family (who knew daughter would love Chinese Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup?) and I managed to kick the sugar habit (I still bake the cakes and biscuits, but I give most of them away).

It took a bit longer than intended, but I got there in the end, just two days before Christmas!

So I have lost the pounds I had gained and I have regained the healthy eating habits I had lost.

Now I need to find a new New Year's Resolution!

PS This was not a sponsored post, but if Tesco want to credit me a few more Clubcard points for my favourable review, I wouldn't say no!


20 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

Excellent .. very very well done ,you should be well pleased with yourself :-)

I recently joined Rosemary Conley on line hoping for the same results

Working Mum said...

Good luck, Sally! Keep focused and you'll do it.

Studentmum said...

Well done, a new wardrobe as a reward perhaps?

Suburbia said...

Well done, I really must try...

Lorraine The Party Times said...

well done!

Sally said...

Fantastic, well done you!

Expat mum said...

Very well done! I am revisiting my exercise plan. Walking the dog is great but it's not burning enough calories!

scrappysue said...

congrats on the champers wine - yay and happy new year from ours to yours :)

scrappysue said...

oh! and congrats on the 16lb - well done that girl

Working Mum said...

Student Mum - great idea! Most of my clothes now have safety pins in them so they don't fall off me - lovely feeling though!

Maggie May said...

Very well done.
I am trying half heartedly to lose weight too.I will be getting more serious about it as the Spring gets nearer.
I think this weather makes you feel like eating more.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Polly said...

That is fantastic, good on you and well done on your weight loss.

Preseli Mags said...

Well done you! And Tesco should definitely reward you for that excellent plug.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

It doesn't matter how long it took, well done for getting there!

CJ xx

Diney said...

Always good to read of successful weight loss! I've eaten far too much over Christmas and have put on a few pounds but have started back at the gym three times a week so hope to get back in shape soon. I've put a picture of a very fat person on the outside of the biscuit tin - that usually works for me!!

Catharine Withenay said...

I had noticed the ticker tick over ... well done! I am most envious of your determination and self-will. Congratulations.

family Affairs said...

WOW v impressive. Happy New Year to you all Lx

Helen@Babies shoes said...

Well done you..keep it up!

Tawny said...

Me too! I am 9lbs lighter with many more to go, I am, loving Tesco Diets

Mean Mom said...

Many, many congratulations! I try to keep my weight under control, because it would be so easy to become a chubby middle aged woman. Unfortunately, our neighbours bought us a box of Waitrose chocolate biscuits for Christmas and I just can't resist them. I didn't eat them all in one sitting though. ;0)