Sunday, 17 October 2010

Made it!

It's half term.

I made it.

Without illness and with relatively little stress.

I've negotiated parties, homework, two Harvest Festivals, one Book Week, swimming and riding lessons and Rainbows.

I've attended choir rehearsals, sung in a concert, oh, and held down a full time job.

In true Working Mum form, it's going to be a busy half term decorating daughter's bedroom, but when I've finished I'll be the "Best Mummy in the World Ever".

Why?

Well, so far I have bought:
  • pink and lilac paint
  • horse stickarounds for the walls
  • pony bedding
  • a horse mural for the wall
  • a horse clock
  • horse curtains
  • a pony blanket
  • a pony picture
  • pink baskets for "stuff"
  • pink lampshade and bedside lamp
  • pink bead curtain for the doorway
  • pink mosquito net with sequins
  • pink bunting embroidered with daughter's name
  • a pony lightswitch cover
I think I'm about to make one pony mad girl very happy!

9 comments:

becomingkate said...

She will just love it!

Mummy Cow said...

Our half term is next week but I need it now!! Try to get SOME rest!
MC x

Kirsty said...

Have a good, if busy, half term. I'm back to school tomorrow after our October break.

Kelloggsville said...

Blimey - hope she doesn't fall out with horses!!! Have a fun time doing it...take lots of piccies :0)

Maggie May said...

Long live the pink and pony stage....
Hate to say it but Amber now is into blue and football! (All within the space of a few months.) Used to be the pinkie girl.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Polly said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. You really are a super mum!!

Tawny said...

Our half term is next week too. By the sound of it, you truly will be Mummy of the Year!

Working Mum said...

Mummy Cow - having a rest today because plasteres phoned to say can't come 'till Wed to put coving in daughter's room.

Kelloggsville - she told me last night that she loves me more than anything in the whole world ...........except horses! Think we're okay on the horsey front for a bit!

Maggie - I am loving the pink stage, I've been dying to do her a pink bedroom for ages. I don't think I've ever grown out of the pink stage (witness my blog!)

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

I was going to agree with Kelloggsville. If she is anything like my daughter, she'll be onto something else in six months' time!!! Glad you made it to half-term in one piece, though.