Thursday, 21 October 2010

20 10 20 10 20 10


Last night, all over the country, Rainbows, Brownies and Guides renewed their promise at 20:10 on 20/10/2010.

The Grand Finale of the Centenary Year of Guiding!

My daughter was the only Rainbow from her unit to attend the event at the Trafford Centre (all the others had to be at school the next day) and she had a whale of a time.

She took part in the Street Dancing:

(I've blurred other girls' faces)

and the Circus Skills and she was one of three Rainbows in the Past Uniform Parade (her unit still use the original tabards):

(Again, I've blurred the other girls' faces)

We all (me included) wrote our memories of Guiding on little paper strips which were stuck up for everyone to read.

Surely I can't be the only person who remembers "Poached Egg Pudding" at Guide Camp?

(Not as disgusting as it sounds, it was a slice of raspberry swiss roll with half a peach on top and then surrounded by hot white sauce. Hmm, maybe it was as disgusting as it sounds!)

At 20:10, via a live media link, we all renewed our promises

and yes, I cried.

Just want to say many, many thanks to all those involved in Guiding (my favourite bloggy Guiders included Jen, Kelloggsville and Tawny ) for all their time, effort, energy and enthusiasm in creating such a fantastic association for so many girls.

I think it will be a night that daughter (and I) remember for a long time to come.



8 comments:

Tawny said...

She looks like she had a great time, and you are not the only one who shed a little tear, I did too!

Jen said...

Aww, brilliant, I am glad you both had such a good time.

I am going to post, promise, it'll be tomorrow though as I want to get a pic off my camera to include in it.

Casdok said...

Looks fab!

Kelloggsville said...

Oh, I'm so pleased you made the effort to go and had such a great time. We had a wonderful time too. I cried when I got home and watched the replay of the video link up!!

Hayley said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I was a guider, until this term when i gave up for many many reasons.
Great to hear of the different experiences everyone had last night!

Catharine Withenay said...

What a special date and time! I'd have been in tears too - I'm turning into such an emotional old woman!

Polly said...

Fantastic - what a great night for you both.

scrappysue said...

yeah - i took my photo at 11 minutes past 10 - at night - not 8pm or anything proper like that! there's too many of them to remember now! i was an elf, or a pixie at brownies. so long ago - when the uniforms were actually BROWN!!! now they're pink!