Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Part 9 - Hall, Stairs and Landing

And finally (apart from some new flooring in the downstairs loo),

from Easter 2009 to Autumn 2010

the big one ......

The Hall, Stairs and Landing!

This involved a new front door and frame, completely replastering the whole area, stripping and sanding the newel posts and base boards (took me six months), new spindles and hand rails, ten new interior doors, new radiator and finally painting and varnishing everything!

Before:

(Remember the scary axminster?
)


And now......

come in, come in.......



(Took me six days to varnish those doors)

(That's the staircase that took me six months)


(I've painted six of those doors on both sides - phew!)


Then, all that was left was the symbolic last act.

The thing that I had kept under wraps for four years to be the grand finale ...............

4 comments:

Expat mum said...

Fabulous. I just need to lie down for a second.

Maggie May said...

I've just caught up on the rooms I missed and you have done so well.
Everything looks so perfect that the slightest thing might ruin it!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Jacki said...

Ewwww....who in the world would think that carpet would look great anywhere?? It's hideous!

Now that entrance looks inviting and perfect!

Melanie said...

before: ugliest carpet ever. After: so impressed you stripped all the paint of the banister. It looks really nice! Beautiful wood.