Wednesday, 8 September 2010

New Term, New Horizons

Can't believe I've only been back at school for a week. I feel like I haven't had a minute to myself. I've already got one Parents' Evening under my belt (introductory information evening), done my lunch duty (library this term) and manned my stall at the First Year Clubs Fair (couldn't compete with the Pets' Club chinchilla, though).

Choir rehearsals have resumed and we've added two more concerts in December giving us five concerts over four weeks at the busiest time of the year. Think I'll just live off caffeine for December.

Daughter has flung herself into Year 2 with gusto and announced that she wants to go to lots of lunchtimes clubs.

On Monday she signed up for Recorder Club (need a recorder and a music book).

On Tuesday she signed up for Craft Club (need a 1litre juice carton and a Pringles tin).

Today she signed up for Drama club (need a costume for the Harvest Festival Assembly).

I didn't think I could take much more so I asked her what else she was planning on joining.

"Well, Friday is 'What's in the News Club' " she said

"What about Thursday?" asked husband.

"Oh, that's just Football, I won't do that" she replied.

Husband's face was a picture!

10 comments:

mater familias said...

Ah so that's what the juice carton and pringles tin are for . . . !

gigi said...

Glory, you are only one woman!!!!! Good luck with all your fun Mum activities.

Expat mum said...

Blimey - I need to go and lie down. I'm exhausted just reading about her activities.

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

I don't know where you get all your energy from!!!

scrappysue said...

like mother like daughter!!!

Kelloggsville said...

I'm on the other side of the manic mums carosel, wave at me as you spin around!!!

claire said...

I can just picture his face!!!

But that list makes me need to go and lie down...lucky it's not all AFTER school!

Maggie May said...

Loved it!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Carrie said...

I work from home, and started just as the summer holidays were starting. I thought it was the worst time! How wrong I was! I managed to pack them off to camps while I had all day to work. Now I have 2/3 of the time and a million other things to worry about - clubs, homework etc etc. Arggh!

www.hometruths.blogspot.com - I'm a new blogger; please feel free to visit!

Working Mum said...

Carrie - thank you for leaving a comment. I never thought that daughter going to school would be so much hard work for me!