Sunday, 22 August 2010

A woman's work is never done.

I know I've not been around much in blogland over the last few weeks. It's been such a hectic summer with one thing and another.

Now there's just over a week of the summer holiday left and time for a stock take, I think.

So far this summer holiday I have:

  • varnished five interior doors
  • painted six interior doors
  • cleared the side of the house of rubbish and rubble into a skip
  • created a gravel path with one tonne of chippings
  • spread one tonne of playbark on daughter's play area
  • bought and set up a new sand pit on play area
  • looked after a friend's son for the day while she was at work
  • done family trip to dentist
  • performed in a concert in the Lake District
  • been to France for a week
  • organised and executed husband's 40th birthday
  • harvested 9lb of plums and turned them into cakes, jam, flapjack, etc
  • visited a friend in hospital, twice
  • helped a friend packing for moving house
  • watched Toy Story 3 on the IMAX cinema
  • bought daughter's school uniform and shoes! (I hate shopping for school shoes)
  • sewed the name tapes into the new uniform
  • taken daugher to a birthday party and picked her up (two hours driving!)
  • been to the Lake District to buy daughter's walking boots
  • been to Yorshire Dales for a week
  • spent three days cooking and preparing for husband's birthday barbecue
  • cleared up after husband's birthday barbecue
So you can see, I'll be glad to get back to work!


7 comments:

libby said...

Phew! are you sure you don't take drugs?? I need your diet so that I can find out what it is like to be energetic....sit and have a cup of tea/glass of wine and just 'be' for a while...you might like it now and again!

Kelloggsville said...

ahhhh - back to work for a break from it all :0) Sounds like you had a wonderful summer. How did the Church Fete bake-off go?

Maggie May said...

Now you need a break!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

auntiegwen said...

Yep, busy as always. I still have to take BBD for her school shoes and then I'm done.

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville - the church fete is next year, it was this year's that prompted the curate to ask me about improving the cakes; I'm trying not to think about it yet!

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

Do you ever get time for a rest? I have to warn you, that it doesn't get any easier as you get older, because by then arthritis kicks in and slows you down! Cheerful, aren't I?!

Working Mum said...

Addy - thanks for that ;) I've already got Plantar Fasciitis, so I've been slowed down by that, but I'm persevering!