Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Part 1 - Bathrooms

November 2006

Main Bathroom and Ensuite

In November 2006 the bathroom company came and ripped out both bathrooms leaving us with just a downstairs loo to do our oblutions (it was cheaper to do both bathrooms at once) so that was fun, not!

We even went to stay at my parents' house while they were on holiday so that we could all have baths!

Major trauma ensued half way through when I decided I didn't like the floor tiles I'd chosen and had to halt proceedings while I found new ones, but then two weeks later I just had to paint and accessorise.

Main bathroom before:


Main bathroom after:

Ensuite before:

Mmmmm, remember avocado bathroom suites?!

Ensuite after:

I just adore those blue glass mosaic tiles - you can almost see through them.

7 comments:

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

Ooh, I now have bathroom envy! Particularly the en-suite...Both lovely..

Studentmum said...

very nice!

Kelloggsville said...

ooooh, nice

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

I was just admiring your gorgeous bathroom and thinking how it was a million times nicer than mine, when I realised it was the "before " picture!!

Working Mum said...

Addy - LOL! I don't think my photos quite show the horrendousness of the 'before'. The bathroom had polystyrene ceiling tiles that the surveyor said had to come out immediately!

Jacki said...

Wow, those bathrooms don't even resemble the before pictures! I love the new sinks.

You've done a lovely job!

Melanie said...

oooh! nicely done! I love the big tub and the tiles in the second bathroom - very spa-like