Friday, 9 July 2010

Calm down, calm down!

Yes, I've broken up for the summer.

Yay!

Trouble is, I'm still at that "rush round like a mad thing doing something every minute of the day" stage.

It takes a while to come down from "school pace" to "holiday pace". Mind you, it does mean that I've done all the washing, cleaned both cars inside and out and done major tidy ups!

Yesterday I also took daughter for a haircut. She went for a total restyle and has now lost the strawberry blonde rats tails in favour of a very sleek strawberry blonde bob. She is now walking around the house going, "I look beautiful!". No self-esteem issues there, then.

Today I went to the hairdressers and had two inches cut off as well as my highlights. It was three hours enforced sitting which I thought would help me to calm down, but I left there like a greyhound out of a trap and ran round to the party shop to order balloons for husband's birthday, came home, made lunch and then made a dozen jammy dodger biscuits!

Husband has now gone to watch the 20-20 cricket at Old Trafford so I'm hoping that a night in with a glass of rose and "Desperate Housewives" will help me to unwind.

Otherwise, I think they should just wire me up to the National Grid; I'm sure I could power a small village.

12 comments:

libby said...

I so wish I had your energy .... are you on drugs??!!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Oh, bless your heart... I just SO know that feeling. You and me both. Hope that glass of rose does its magic. And enjoy those holidays... perhaps a crate or two of the rose???
xx

Working Mum said...

Libby - I think it's adreneline!

LWM - There is a full wine rack waiting to be drunk; I'll give it a good go over the summer!

Spencer Park said...

It is nice to hear of a youngster with so much confidence. You must have instilled sound inner belief!

Maggie May said...

As long as you don't blow a fuse!
You need to calm down! (I might be a trifle jealous of your energy levels.)
Maggie X

Nuts in May

mater familias said...

In the pre-kids days my husband and I used to go on holiday straightaway, to give us a period of adjustment to the holidays. Otherwise I just didn't know what to do with myself. It wasn't that there was nothing to do - just that I had trouble knowing where to start and motivating myself to start after the release of school pressure. I would then feel guilty with myself for wasting time etc . . .

Expat mum said...

I'm just about to put up a similar post. Sadly, school here broke up in early June and I'm still running around like a headless chicken. I need a wife. Or should I be saying that?

English Mum said...

OMG me too. I finally collapse in front of the TV and what's plastered across every channel - an armed standoff. Happy days...

becomingkate said...

Thankfully, things have slowed down around here. Sometimes TOO much, and i have to get the kids up and tidying...
Have a good weekend!

Kirsty said...

I broke up 2 weeks ago and am still at that rushing around stage. I'm sure it'll calm down about a week before term starts.

Michelle said...

Enjoy your summer hols, I am very jealous. I would so love to slow down my pace of life right now. Mich x

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

You sound like me - I can't sit still to save my life!