Sunday, 11 July 2010

Cake Conundrum

English Mum is having another Big Bakeoff and, having been resoundedly beaten by my daughter last time (who won the prize for the youngest entry), I'm having another go and this time it's personal!

Also, the prize is a hamper of Green and Black's Chocolate, so I'm in it to win it!!

(No one gets between Working Mum and her chocolate)

So, what to enter?

Well, I did bake this Blackberry Cake today:

but the photo doesn't really do it justice.

So I might enter my Jammie Dodgers which I made on Friday:



Which do you think?

Remember, there's Green and Black's at stake here!

11 comments:

MrsShilts said...

ohh both look very yummy, but I think the jammy dodgers get my vote!

Maggie May said...

I think they both look really delicious but maybe the jammy dodgers have the edge!

BTW..... I have sent you an email concerning my wind chime chopper! Hope you don't mind.
maggie X

Nuts in May

Saz said...

very impressive...those dodgers look incredible!!!

saz x

Kelloggsville said...

JD's, I can sesne that melt in your mouth from here

libby said...

Difficult to say...a tasting is really what's called for..but without that opportunity I'll go for the cake...mmmmmmm

English Mum said...

LOVE the jammy dodgers! x

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

I'd go for the cake - after all, berries and summer go together.

gigi said...

I would love you to share that blackberry cake recipe with me when you win the contest, please!

Catharine Withenay said...

I am not the right person to judge this. I'd eat both without thinking twice.
With a lot of thought... I think I'd go for the jammy dodgers. After all, it seems almost acceptable to have a second biscuit, but a second slice of cake seems greedy!

English Mum said...

Oh, and I love 'this time it's personal'. Baking on the edge, indeed! x

Polly said...

Jammy dodgers for sure!