Tuesday, 1 June 2010

To see a fine lady upon a white horse

Today daughter received her birthday present from husband and me - a day on the farm looking after a pony and riding it. We figured if she was so mad on ponies she should find out what looking after one entails (not that we are ever going to buy her one) and see if she was still keen on having riding lessons after all the mucking out and cleaning tack.

As an overprotective mother, the thought of her riding horses terrifies me, so I was hoping it would put her off.

No such luck.

Not only did she love it, she won a rosette for "Best Turned Out Pony"!!

How can I deny her this much pleasure?:

So horseriding lessons begin on Sunday.

Now, where can I get her a set of body armour?


5 comments:

gigi said...

How fun!! You never know Mum, this might really be her thing ;)

Kelloggsville said...

she'll be fine!!! It's great exercise, teaches girls a lot about relationships and helps them focus in a direction other than boys later on. She'll have a ball and you'll be penny poorer and happy richer for it!! xx

Mean Mom said...

Oh dear! That idea backfired a bit, then, but I see what you mean. You couldn't possibly deny her. She obviously had a great time and it's good to start young.

vegemitevix said...

That is so brilliant! I'd like to do that for myself, I'm still a kid (aged 42!)

justherdingcats said...

she looks like a natural. I started horse riding when I was 7 - 31 years later I'm just as keen!