Thursday, 24 June 2010

Sports Day


Luckily, I managed to get to daughter's Sports' Day again this week (thanks to my fabulous Head of Department who said I mustn't miss it and rearranged my lessons for me). When I got home sports mad husband rang to see how she'd done.

"Did she win anything?" he asked

"Of course not", I said, "She's got my sporting gene. She did get a 2nd and a 3rd though"

"What was she 2nd in?"

"I don't know"

"Well, what did she come 3rd in?"

"I don't know, I couldn't really tell"

"You're useless, I'll ask her when I get home"

Later hubby arrived home, congratulated daughter on her performance in Sports Day and asked, "What did you come 2nd and 3rd in?"

To which she replied,

"I can't remember"

Yep, she's got my sporting gene alright!

11 comments:

Glummy Mummy said...

Haha, I remember my daughter's last sport's day of Primary School last year - she was one of her groups' house captains, and they came last I think, and posed for photographs at the end. The smile/frown on her face made me laugh so! x

Saz said...

my goodness how she's grown...(why are we always surprised at this...if they didnt something would be quite wrong)


l miss the sports days...

tomorrow is my son's last exam and prom and my daughters last day at 6th form...

saz x

scaryazeri said...

me and my little one are the same. not sporty at all. wish I were though! I mentioned you in my blog, btw not sure you noticed.:)

libby said...

Good on both of you...I don't have a sporting bone in my body...and truth be told my kids are the same....lots of other fabulous qualities though..often think that we should'nt have to apologise if we are not sporty...not everyone can be the same can they.

Kelloggsville said...

she looks sporty enough to me!!! how brilliant to be able to go watch too x

diney said...

The best way to be really - my daughter is the same but my son was very competitive and it's much easier to cope with the one who doesn't care (or know) where she came than having to nurse a tetchy ego!

Polly said...

Good or her a second and third in something is a wonderful achievement!

Michelle said...

lol. My little man won one of his races today and you could have knocked me down with a feather - it was so un expected. Enough so that I had to blog about it too. Great pics. Mich x

Mean Mom said...

The sports gene passed my by too, although I have to watch a lot of it, now that my youngest son is addicted to it. He's not keen on taking part - just watching it. Izzy has a good relaxed attitude.

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

I so hate sport too. Watching others do it is even worse! There's so much else to do.

scrappysue said...

they just don't care for the details if they dont have that competitive streak. it looks like she was just having fun. awesome action shots too!