Friday, 4 June 2010

Light my Lantern

Been getting carried away again at Party Delights stocking up on stuff for husband's 40th Birthday Party.

You know: tablecloths, napkins, table confetti, bunting, balloons, banners, cake sparklers, etc.

Then I saw these:




They seem to be all the rage round here. I first saw them on New Year's Eve when someone near us let off a load that floated beautifully off into the sky .................. towards Manchester Airport!!

Since then there seems to be someone releasing these sky lanterns every Saturday.

I so have to get some for his party.

Better warn Manchester Airport.

Then again, knowing his history with flames, better warn the local A&E!

5 comments:

Mummy Cow said...

What a lovely idea! I once saw those in the sky near Plymouth and had to reassure my friend that they weren't UFOs!
Hope you're enjoying half term and getting some rest.
MC x

Maggie May said...

They are lovely but I wonder what would happen it they came down on a thatched roof or a haystack, for instance or a wooden animal hut! Could be like a fiery dart starting off an inferno!
Sorry if that sounds pessimistic!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Working Mum said...

Maggie - don't worry there are plenty of rules about where and when you can release them including how far you have to be from livestock. They should burn up in the sky, but if they burn out before completely burning, they are biodegradable. I have checked out all the rules and I should be fine as long as the weather is.

Muddling Along Mummy said...

We set some off the night before my sister's wedding -it was magical

You can buy some that are eco friendly (so no metal or nasty chemicals)

Claire said...

You mean to say you don't want a karaoke and a cocktail machine that my husband had for his 40th? (pics on way btw)

I have to say I highly recommend the cocktail machine - adult slushies! We had strawberry daiquiri, pina colada and miami splice which was a green melony affair. All v nice!!!