Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Busy busy busy

I've been a bit conspicuous by my absence in blogland recently, I know. 351 unread posts in my Google Reader tell me so.

Why?

Well, as well as husband commandeering my laptop (his had to be wiped clean and Windows reinstalled), I've been really, really busy.

I always think things will ease up when my exam classes go on study leave, but it never does, I just get a different set of things to do and no peace to do it because the pupils on study leave all come back for help!

Recently I've been marking exams, writing reports, singing, shopping, visiting and ferrying. I've been out for a meal with a friend who was over from Australia for a week, I've attended daughter's Swimming Gala (she was robbed, Henry cheated!) and I've lived through our department's review at work.

On Saturday daughter and I escaped the work/football zone that is our home and left husband to it while we went for a day out at Norton Priory with my mum and dad. We had a lovely lunch and wandered about the ruins and the beautiful walled garden. Daughter loved the real "live" skeleton in the stone coffin the best!

This weekend I've got a 40th Birthday party and a concert in Manchester, while next week I've got my Departmental End of Term Do, a Sixth Form Information Evening, a choir rehearsal and a Mums' Night Out!

Then I've got a concert in Hawkshead in the Lake District!

Roll on the end of term!

10 comments:

Glummy Mummy said...

I've missed your blog posts recently, so I'm glad you've posted another. Have a good time in your upcoming events, but I hope you get the chance to write again very soon!! x

libby said...

But thats life! enjoy living it...

Maggie May said...

Nothing like a real live skeleton in a real coffin to thrill a young daughter!
The time flies when you're busy. Don't know where it goes to.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Saz said...

tell me more...when and where?? hawkshead???


saz x

gigi said...

Mercy! Good luck with that list.

Studentmum said...

Busy, yes, but also a very full life. At the moment - I envy you - especially as you can sing and I, really can't - cat strangled are the words used to describe my voice!! Enjoy the concerts.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

You certainly have it busy but visiting the Lakes is usually peaceful and good for the soul.

CJ xx

Mean Mom said...

Do try and find some time to slump in a chair occasionally! You will wear yourself out.

Sorry Henry cheated. Grr!

Muddling Along Mummy said...

Good luck with that long list - hope you have a wonderful birthday and to see you back soon!

Jayne said...

I'm a busy mum too so dont worry lol