Wednesday, 5 May 2010

The Worry Box

In my daughter's class there is a "Worry Box" in which the pupils can put their worries. Then, at the end of the week, the box is opened and they discuss the worries. They can choose whether to write their name on the worry or not, so they are free to put in whatever bothers them. I think it's a great idea and gives children the chance to air and discuss their worries.

This week daughter told me she had put two worries in the box.

"What were your worries?" I asked.

"Getting lost and losing Tigger" she said.

"They are good worries to talk about, lots of children will worry about those" I said, "Did you write your name on your worries?"

"No", she said, "I did it enormously"

5 comments:

xoxo... t said...

HAHA! That is adorable...

diney said...

He he! cute idea

gigi said...

Funny that's a cute one.

libby said...

Ah so sweet....and possibly a freudian slip? Huge worries for a little girl at that age..losing tigger!!!

Tawny said...

We have this at Guide camp as well, it kind of surprises me what 10-14 year olds worry about!