Wednesday, 26 May 2010

The Way of the Dragon Warrior

Today I went to help in daughter's class with one of their "Activity Week" lessons. (Luckily my exam classes are on study leave so I had a free lesson to pop over to the junior school; one of the perks of having daughter at my school)

Today's lesson was "Fruit Kebabs" and each child had been asked to take in a fruit; the more exotic the better.

I had dispatched husband and daughter to buy something on Saturday and they came back with .......



........ dragonfruit!

Whilst we parents were busy cutting up fruit and laying out plates and skewers, daughter's class teacher was showing the children the fruit and asking questions.

Then she came to daughter's dragonfruit.

"Do you know where dragonfruit comes from, Izzy?" she asked.

"Yes", said my daughter proudly,

"Wales!"



Think about it........

15 comments:

BNM said...

I love it - did they taste nice!
BNMx

Working Mum said...

Actually, the dragonfruit didn't taste of anything, bit disappointing really, but daughter's kebab consisting of 14 different fruits must have tasted good!

Mean Mom said...

That's very logical! I've never tried dragonfruit. After reading your comment, I probably won't worry about it!

The Dotterel said...

You mean you didn't get to sample it? Must say, I've never heard of dragon fruit before, but it looks just the thing to get for the Welsh rellies who are otherwise impossible to buy for. I shall seek it out!

Kelloggsville said...

ahhhh, logical answer. BUT please Miss *puts hand up* where is it from?!

Working Mum said...

Mean Mom - you're back in blogland! Good to have you back.

Dotterel - I didn't get a look in on her kebab! I did try the dragonfruit though, don't think I'll be buying it again. Only buy it for your rellies if you don't like them!

Kelloggsville - it's the fruit of a cactus native to central and south America although now it's more likely to be exported from south east Asia.

Tawny said...

What a brilliant answer! Where do they come from anyway? I have never heard of them.

Maggie May said...

Well there you are..... most people see dragons eating that fruit in Wales. That teacher had never noticed!

What does it taste like? Looks divine.
Maggie X

Word Ver UNCLOG maybe you can use it to clear out drains too!

Nuts in May

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

You cannot fault her logic!

Mummy Cow said...

Clever girl. I love children's logic!
Break up tomorrow, and Year 11 finally leave. Enjoy your half term break.
MCxx

Muddling Along Mummy said...

Clever girl - which is not to say I've ever seen one before

MrsW said...

Makes perfect sense :) and at least she didn't say Tesco!

Debbie(single;complicated) said...

Very cute! Love your blog..I can totally relate!!!:)

rosiescribble said...

She's a clever girl. I wonder why I have never heard of dragon fruit before. Your daughter knows a lot more than me!

Emma said...

I am fascinated by dragon fruit now after seeing that photo! I've never tried it or even seen it before!!