Sunday, 23 May 2010

Over the Rainbow Error

Last night, while husband was out for football, beer and a curry, I let daughter stay up to watch the final of "Over the Rainbow". She was rooting for Sophie and I was rooting for Danielle.

I hadn't anticipated the trauma that would follow the outcome:

After the announcement of the winner, daughter burst into tears and was inconsolable!

Perhaps I shouldn't have voted three times for Danielle in the kitchen where daughter couldn't see me?

Oops!

Won't do that again!

7 comments:

diney said...

yes me too - must remember to re-instate it! We were rooting for Danielle too - luckily we were unanimous in our house!

Kelloggsville said...

awwwwww, poor thing. Hope she feels better today.

Anonymous said...

I have taped it for daughter to watch as had family over. Am dreading letting her find out Lauren has not won. She cries whenever Darren Bennett leaves Strictly.

Maggie May said...

Thats the problem with little girls..... they vote for the prettiest one whether they are better or not.My granddaughters went for Sophie too. When I asked why, they said she was prettier.
I was rooting for Danielle but I would have liked Steph to win, really. I thought she was best all rounder.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I voted for Danielle too! Amy wasn't sure because Sophie has a truly beautiful voice, but when she realised I wanted Danielle to win she decided she did too!!

CJ xx

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

I'm in the minority, then. I thought Sophie was a better singer and prettier.

Moannie said...

Actually wanted Jenny to win because she reminded me so much of my sweet DIL. When she left I rooted for Sophie, she had a vulnerability that would have been perfect for Dorothy. Danielle was my second choice. I watched it alone, so no tears here.