Tuesday, 11 May 2010

In five years' time ......

At work our department is due an internal review in a couple of weeks. Reviews should be on a three year programme, but for some reason we were the last dept to be reviewed in the last cycle and one of the first this time so it's only been a year.

Not a lot has changed in a year.

(Except that I am no longer suffering from acute bronchitis)

I still have to fill out another Personal Development Form, though.

So my question is this: for the bit about "Where do you see yourself in five years' time?", can I put..........


Winning Cardiff Singer of the World

Writing a best seller based on my award winning blog ;)

Winning the National Geographic Photography Competition

Running a consultancy advising people on how to renovate and redesign neglected houses



.................... or do you think it has to be work related?


10 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

oh I hate that question.... try "in prison for defrauding the school..whoops did I write that out loud" or "in my managers job doing it a whole lot better"...oh I hate that question !!!!!!!!

gigi said...

Wow! Those are really great goals though, skip the school stuff!

Maggie May said...

I rather think so.
Boring work related!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Mummy Cow said...

I dare you...
MCx

scrappysue said...

nah - BREAK AWAY!!!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I don't know why these questions are asked; who knows where they will be in 5 years. I guess it's all a matter of wishful thinking. So no, it doesn't have to be work related.

CJ xx

Catharine Withenay said...

"Filling in this wretched form again..."?

Or "Running the next coalition government"?

... but I like your ideas better!!

libby said...

Does it really matter? will someone read it? come back and check on it? put something racy and reckless .... nice wishes though.

diney said...

I was asked this at an important job interview 8 years ago. I said to the woman who was interviewing me (whom I had interviewed and trained as she had taken over my job when I had left three years previously) 'in your job' which, with hindsight, was not a good idea, but she was pissing me off by being so arrogant.

Becky said...

Hi there
I found your blog through Gwen's blog and I guess we are neighbours ! I really identified with the idea of muddling up aspirations and a five year plan. If I was asked this at work I would really have to remind myself to keep my work hat on my head and stop myself talking about my various arty projects lol
Nice to meet you :-)