Monday, 31 May 2010

Husband's Birthday Update

While hubby was out last Saturday on a football, beer and curryfest (I made him sleep in the spare room when he came home), I rang some of his friends to see when everyone is away.

Putting together all the dates, I've decided on a day in August for a 40th Birthday Barbecue Bash.

So last Monday, while he was out at another beer and curry "sort of stag do" thing (I don't ask), I worked on the laptop creating the invitations and then posted them the following day.

Then, the replies started to come in, and I got a text:

"Great idea, yes, we can come"

To which I replied:

"That's great, but who are you?"

I then received the reply:

"Oh, sorry, it's me"!!!

Yes, this it was definitely one of my husband's friends!

8 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

hope he doesn't read your blog!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

I suppose you could have people sign the register as they come in and by process of elimination work out who 'it's me' is!

Polly said...

lol thats given me a great laugh this morning.

I got a text the other day asking if I could pick them up at 3pm....I had no idea who it was. It ended up being my brother who had changed his number and forgotten to tell me!

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville - no, he doesn't read my blog, he could if he wanted to, but he's not interested, so I can write what I want about him! He he he!

mummyfiles said...

Ha ha, brilliant. Typical bloke. How thoughtful of you to be arranging a surprise birthday BBQ, I hope it stays a secret x

scaryazeri said...

I took husband to Paris for his 40th bday. Was a secret until we got to the Waterloo station, of course. Booked a posh hotel, got picked up in a limo...and booked a Lido with champagne! Lido, by the way, I highly recommend. What a fun night! He gets to see bare-breasted beauties. I get to watch an amazing extravagant show and drink champagne- what a perfect evening for us both! :)

Debbie(single;complicated) said...

ha ha ha!! this is great!!

scrappysue said...

doh! men! sounds like a lot of fun - will u be serving curry and beer at the BBQ???