Sunday, 30 May 2010

Half Term Happiness

It's half term!

Yay!

Just a week, but still, a week to catch up with stuff, see old friends and enjoy myself.

I started the holiday yesterday with a concert here:


What a beautiful setting!

We sang in the Abbey's Priory Church of St Mary and St Cuthbert:



I stood on those steps to sing.

And what a great concert!

Every so often I do a concert where my voice just flows like honey out of my mouth, the notes emerge with no effort, as pure as the driven snow. It doesn't even feel like my voice; it's like I've been taken over by some singing spirit.

Last night was one of those concerts.

That's why I sing.

5 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

happiness stamped all over your blog today - lovely :0)

Polly said...

What a beautiful setting - I can see why you feel so happy!

Maggie May said...

So glad that everything went so well and it is beautiful to hear the way you are *taken over* when you sing. I just love that.

I thought for a minute the photo was of Tintern Abbey (local to us!) Quite a similar ruin of historical interest.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday. It will gallop by, no doubt, but savour each moment.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Suburbia said...

Oooh how lovely :)

scrappysue said...

fantastic! no-one can do castles like the brits