Sunday, 11 April 2010

Things I learned on my Disney Vacation

Yes, I'm back. I'll bore you with my Florida vacation soon, but in the meantime I'll leave you with these little nuggets:

  • My personal queue threshold is 70 mins, after that I lose the will to live.
  • "Test Track" is not worth queueing 2 hours for (husband got it in the neck for that one)
  • To get a good spot for the Parades you need to find one an hour before a parade and guard it with your life
  • Regarding the last point; if I have waited one hour for the best spot for the parade I will not let you push your child in front of mine at the last minute! I may be English, but I am not a pushover.
  • To get the best spots for photos you need to be in a wheelchair and then, at the crucial moment, STAND UP to take your photos obscuring everyone else's view! Yes, really!!
  • Disney World Transportation System is fab! Especially the boat into Downtown.
  • You can't do two parks in one day, even though husband made us try.
  • I am the sharpest shooter of my family on Woody's Toy Story Mania ride! 147, 100 points!
  • You are never too old to have your photo taken with a Disney Character:
Hey Howdy Hey!

13 comments:

Fab, feisty and fifty... said...

how fab doodle is this....fab post, howdy doody!

saz x

Maggie May said...

That is a wild (west) photo!

Thanks for the nomination. Very much appreciated.

Nuts in May

Jen said...

Cool trip - and that pushing in thing happened to me on the Champs Elysee at the Tour de France, and I fought for my rights too.

Suburbia said...

Love your pic :)

The Dotterel said...

Oh my goodness, seven-TY minutes? I think my queueing threshold is seven!

I don't think I'd better go to Florida...

Kelloggsville said...

wow 70 minutes is tolerance - mine is about 10 minutes, hence we don't go to theme parks!!! Glad you were smiling in pic - hope y'all had lots of fun xx

1 husband, 2 kids (and lots of books) said...

70 mins - I admire you staying power. We went to florida when Son was 2 1/2 and to the absolute, shock horror of EVERYONE we encountered did not do disney. Reading your post I'm torn between regret and relief... but at least if we return I will be armed with some valuable knowledge.

auntiegwen said...

I hate theme parks with a vengance, but have done the Disney thing 3 times, all for 3 weeks at a time, that's 9 weeks of queueing, some of them in the days before fast pass.

And I've never been on a roller coaster, I was sat on a kerb getting a good spot for parades.

Working Mum said...

FFF - and "you're my favourite deputy" (so hoping you know Woody's catchphrases!)

Maggie - I love Woody and Jessie, can't wait for Toy Story 3 this summer

Jen - we English need to stick up for our prime photo spots!

Suburbia - thanks, plenty more where that came from

The Dotterel - you have to be in the right frame of mind, but if you accept Disney in your heart, you won't mind the queues (most are only 5 - 20 mins)

1 husband, 2 kids - not even Magic Kingdom? How could you? Disney do it so well it's not like the theme parks we have over here, it's a full on experience - you must go in the future!

Kelloggsville - most queues were only 5 - 20 mins and we Fastpassed some rides so we went straight in at our allotted time. It was just Test Track that tried my patience to the limit because husband wanted to go on it and all the fast passes had gone.

AG - you deserve a special Disney medal for that! I've done it twice now, but only for one week at a time, I'm a lightweight!

the mother of this lot said...

Glad you're home safe and had a good time!

libby said...

Have done disney twice and each time have missed the parade! lovely photo!

gigi said...

My DIL went on Monday the 5th, she said that it was so hot they could hardly stand it. Hope you went on a day that it wasn't so hot.

scrappysue said...

how did i miss the fact that you went to florida? not reading u i guess! wot a hoot - great pic!