Saturday, 6 March 2010

Two prizes in two days!

Remember English Mum's Valentine Cupcake Competition? Well, I didn't win, but daughter got a prize for being the youngest entrant with her cakes:


The parcel arrived this week and today we went to the Sorting Office to collect it. She got her own pink cupcakes cases, lipgloss in a cupcake shaped holder and a lovely certificate.

She was so chuffed!

Thanks English Mum for making a little girl's day!

I suggested we use her cake cases to make some Marshmallow Cupcakes ( a la Hummingbird Bakery), but she did not want to part with any of hers, so we made some using my cake cases instead:


Go on, you know you can't resist!

(For recipe, click here)

11 comments:

Heather said...

oh how wonderful! what a really lovely thing to do.

English Mum said...

You're very welcome. Your talented young lady is a worthy prize winner indeed! And those cupcakes look amazing x

Maggie May said...

A load of yummy cakes!
Glad the cup cake set brought such pleasure to your little one.

Nuts in May

Kelloggsville said...

oooh they look lovely - I can smell them from here :0)

Hullaballoo said...

Wow! Tell Izzy her cakes look amazing. What a clever thing she is.

scrappysue said...

well done pinkies! very cute cupcakes indeed

Humdrum Mum said...

Well done to your daughter! x

SnafflesMummy said...

wow they look fab. I love my hunmmingbird book. THe brooklen blackout cake is to die for.

A Modern Mother said...

Those marshmallow cupakes look really, really good (your daughter's look wondeful too!)

mater familias said...

Now I really *really* want to make and eat marshmallow cakes. Maybe at the weekend - if I'm not too tired from my first week back at the chalkface, and if I have not failed on my healthy eating plan too abysmally - and if there is a gap in between viewing houses - and maybe if pigs fly . . . !

Crystal Jigsaw said...

That's a lovely prize, not surprised your daughter was so pleased.

CJ xx