Saturday, 27 March 2010

Easter Cupcakes

Today we have been mostly making chocolate brownie cakes with chocolate buttercream nests.

Just enjoy!


Notice the little hand coming in to swipe one?


Recipe
(especially for Bare Naked Mummy):


Chocolate Brownie Cakes:
50z plain chocolate
4 oz butter
6 oz caster sugar
2 eggs
6 oz SR flour

Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl above a pan of simmering water.
Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
Add sugar and eggs and beat well.
Add flour and beat well.
Spoon into 12 - 14 muffin cases and bake at 150 degrees C for approx 20 mins.
Cool on wire rack.


Chocolate Buttercream:
4oz softened butter
8oz icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 - 3 tsps hot water

Beat all ingredients together with the paddle whisk of a mixer for at least 5 mins until fluffy.


To Decorate:
One quantity of chocolate buttercream
One Cadbury flake
Mini eggs

Pipe swirls of buttercream onto cooled cakes.
Sprinkle with crumbled flake.
Add 3 mini eggs.

Warning - extremely calorific!

(I'm only having one, the rest are going to work as Easter treats for my Department)

15 comments:

Jen said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

MrsShilts said...

ohhh they look lovely! Did you get the cakestand from lakeland btw? x

Working Mum said...

Mrs Shilts - I think I got it from cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk which is my favourite site for baking stuff. They do have the same one in Lakeland, though.

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

Wow. They look so professional.

Mummy Cow said...

Love the cakes! Never mind the cake stand - where did you get that fab wallpaper?!
MCx

Working Mum said...

ADDY - thank you, I think I'm getting a bit cupcake obsessed now

Mummy Cow - wallpaper from B&Q, professionally hung by husband and myself!

Humdrum Mum said...

I can make cupcakes but NO WAY can I decorate them like you do. It's JUST NOT FAIR as my 4 year old would say. - HM x

Sandy Calico said...

OH YUMMY! They look fantastic :-)

BNM said...

they look fantasticilly gorgeous - please can we have the recipe!
BNMx

Hullaballoo said...

I love them and am so jealous of your cupcake stand. I want one now. What lovely cakes. xx

rosiescribble said...

Wow. They look gorgeous. Can I have one?

Hullaballoo said...

What excellent cakes. You are so clever! And I love the stand too. Did you pipe the icing on?

Working Mum said...

BNM - I'll try add the recipe on to the end of the post for you.

Hullaballoo - yep, piped the buttercream in a round swirl for the nest. You need a really wide start nozzle for piping the buttercream swirls.

Muddling Along Mummy said...

Those look so yummy !

scrappysue said...

who's a clever girl then!?!