Saturday, 13 March 2010

Don't tell your children about your blog!

I've always let daughter see my blog. She likes the pictures, the photos, the little avatars I create.

However, now that she can read, she has started to read my posts. She's started talking more about "Working Mum on the Verge". When funny things happen at home she's even asked me "Will you put that on your blog?"

Now I'm getting a little worried.

What if she tells other people about it?

People who I don't want to know about it.

My MIL, her teacher, other mums from school.

Oh no, my blog fodder could be greatly reduced!


8 comments:

libby said...

Mmm..can be quite a problem can't it? to tell or not to tell friends and family.....even when there is nothing on the blog that would upset them....if you change your name let me know!!

Kelloggsville said...

that could be very difficult. I try to keep my daughter away from mine but I do have links to it from facebook and the family blog etc, It depends on how much you care about offending people I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becomingkate said...

My kids only ever told their friends; there was one that used to read and try to tell me off "anonymously" but I knew it was her and addressed her by name in comments. Otherwise, I've been pretty lucky about it!

Hullaballoo said...

I endeavour to write as if the person I am writing about could read it and not be offended. This comes after having my fingers burned big time.

Maggie May said...

Children usually tell others and come up with the most embarrassing things in the playground in full hearing of others.
Maybe you will have to change things.......

Nuts in May

Studentmum said...

My blog is, as far as I know, completely private from friends and family. I don't link it to FB, although one friend I met through the blog is a FB friend as well. I hope to keep it that way too. I have no intention of making comments I don't want them to see, but I suppose I am slightly embarassed I even have one. I posted a picture of one of my daughters recently and am still feeling guilty about it!

BNM said...

My daughter tries to read mine too over my shoulder when I'm typing it in the morning!!
I try not to do it now when she's around!
BNMx

family affairs said...

Yes. Not good at all. Seriously reduced blog fodder. My youngest constantly says it in the supermarket now. "WHY DON"T YOU PUT THAT ON YOUR BLOG". LX