Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Working Mumitis strikes again

Feeling a little bit sorry for myself today.


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

I woke up yesterday with that familiar scratchy, sore throat that is the prelude to a full cold. I knew it was really on its way last night when I struggled to hold the long notes at choir rehearsal (I usually have lungs to rival a synchronised swimmer!).

This morning I woke up with a raging sore throat, a streaming nose and a lot of sneezing. Yuk!

So my list of jobs has been whittled down to what I can do whilst lying on my bed with my new laptop and a telephone.

This seems to consist of:

  • Booking daughter's birthday party (a pony riding one, good job I have only one child, or alternatively, bad luck I have a daughter who is pony mad - and no, she won't be getting a real one for her birthday!)
  • Then going mad at partydelights.co.uk buying pony themed invitations, napkins, party bags, etc. (Worth it when daughter saw what I'd ordered and called me the "best mummy in the world, ever!" I don't care if it is bribery, she loves me!)
  • Then going to Cakes, Cookies and Crafts to order their pony cake tin to make daughter a pony birthday cake (I may regret that one)
  • Going on e-bay to leave excellent feedback for the seller who sent me replacement Royal Doulton bowls today (remember husband smashed one at Christmas and the pattern is discontinued; I've bought two replacements just in case)
  • Then buying a couple of extra plates and soup bowls for my dinner service from e-bay (just in case husband smashes any more)
  • Buying and downloading Chris Evan's Autobiography as an audiobook from Audible
  • Buying extra memory cards for the cameras for when we go to Disney
  • Ordering mega expensive suitcases from John Lewis with locks that US Immigration can open so that they won't have to break into our suitcases this time. (That's if they let us in at all!)
Amazing how much money you can spend without leaving your bed!


10 comments:

cheshire wife said...

Oh and it is half term too! I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Working Mum said...

Cheshire Wife - Thank you. I'm glad it's half term because I can lie on my bed without worrying about my classes and thinking of work to leave them. Guilt free rest and recuperation! Shame it's costing me so much money though!

Kelloggsville said...

On-line shopping with be the death of my bank account - it is too easy! What out for the RSI injury that comes from repetitive 'go to checkout' clicking - get well soon x

Ladybird World Mother said...

How simply marvellous... almost worth getting a cold for. Not! x

Maggie May said...

It is a completely wasted holiday to get sick....... isn't it?
Hope you soon feel better.

Nuts in May

Hullaballoo said...

Get well soon, honey. Blogger ate my previous comment grrrr.

Heather said...

hope you are feeling better soon. It is frightening how much money you can spend without leaving your bed!

Catharine Withenay said...

Get better soon! (I bet your husband will think that too, after he sees the bills coming in!!)

Crystal Jigsaw said...

A pony party sounds fantastic. I think she will be wanting a pony now though even if you say she's not having one!!

CJ xx

Claire said...

My heart sank when I read the opening to your post, not again!!!

I hope you're soon better!

PS why order a cake tin? Just order a pony cake woman!!!!