Friday, 5 February 2010

What every Working Mum needs!

Yesterday was a special day for daughter. She went to tea with a classmate for the first time.

The other mum picked daughter up from school and took her home and made her tea while daughter played with her son and I stayed at work.

I, being an over protective mother, was very nervous.

Would she be picked up on time?

Would she be picked up at all?

Would she be sensible on the walk to their house or fall into the road and get run over?
(School is on a very busy road)

Yes, I am that over protective!

Anyway, I stayed at school and got loads of work done while she was gone. So much so that I didn't have to bring any work home last night - I didn't know what to do with myself after daughter had gone to bed!!

Then it dawned on me........

This is what I need.........

A wife to collect daughter from school every day and give her her tea!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

LOL - I'm not volunteering!

the mother of this lot said...

If you find one, can you ask if she's got a sister?

Tri Mommy said...

I had to laugh when I saw your post - I often tell my husband that I need a wife to get things done for me!

Kelloggsville said...

What a brilliant idea. Trouble is my husband seemed to think of it first!!!

gigi said...

We all need a wife!! Think of all the things we could accomplish.

kestrel said...

Thank God for wives like that. We take turns having kids over for the entire day. I do miss the daughter but having her taken care of for lunch and dinner is heavenly. But not when it's my turn ...bring out the DVDs and stack up the nuggets and sausages

Maggie May said...

It is difficult to *let go* sometimes....... but very necessary. Everyone needs a breather.
I'm sure this will be the the start of many tea dates!

Nuts in May

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

I've always thought working mums need their own 'wives'. Maybe there's some sort of service that can hire them out to mums. Her first after school tea date! Thats a big milestone, for both of you.

Felinedream said...

I know exactly what you mean. Today Dev was at his dad's and Brodie was at her best friend's house (all day). I even found time to go and get my hair cut. Much as we love our kids, a little bit of time to ourselves is amazing.