It was too good to be true.
Since then I have tried to install various bits of software and this is what has happened so far:
- Installed software for Nikon compact camera - can now download photos from Nikon camera, yay!
- Installed software for Canon Digital SLR camera - can't download photos, boo! Been on Canon's website, it says I can download my photos from my 400D with their software in Windows 7 - I'm telling them, I can't!!
- Installed photoediting software - yay! So can edit photos from Nikon camera, but not Canon.
- Failed to install printer, had to go to Epson website to get driver, installed driver, can now print, but not scan - boo!
- Installed Office XP - yay! (I'm not getting 2007)
- Set up Outlook to download Virgin e-mails - yay!
- Failed to set up Outlook to download Pipex e-mails, had to phone Pipex, finally got it sorted, can download e-mails, but it asks for the passwords for every e-mail account every time I open Outlook even though I've checked the boxes saying "Remember password"
Each time I try to install something my heart is in my mouth as I watch the little green bar move slowly across the screen, waiting for it to stop with an error message. The stress is palpable.
Every time I go to a website to find a solution I am virtually paralysed by fear whilst looking up the problem and trying not to do the wrong thing.
Too stressed out and emotional to even try to download i-tunes. It will have to wait for another day.
PS After much surfing have realised that I am way behind the times using Outlook (which Microsoft have discontinued in favour of Windows Live Mail); still need a mail client, so may try Mozilla Thunderbird instead. Anyone out there using it?