Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Stop the World I want to get off!

You know when you have really busy times in your life and you wish you had one of these:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

And you go to work and you look like this:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Well, that's what it's been like for the past fortnight!

I won't bore you with all the details, but just take today:

After 9 hours at work I come home, make the tea, whip up a batch of rocky road chocolate muffins for school cake sale tomorrow, put daughter to bed, pre prepare stuffed butternut squash for tomorrow night's tea (because husband is bringing his boss home for tea before going to City v United match and they need to eat at 5.30pm just as I get home, yeah, thanks for that), mark 25 tests, prepare 13 different investigations for year 8s to do tomorrow, phone mum and dad (haven't spoken to them for two weeks), sew button and badge on Rainbow tabard and finally write something on blog!

And with a Parents' Evening on Thursday I can't see it ending any time soon!

I dream of an evening doing this:


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

16 comments:

cheshire wife said...

I think that, until you are able to retire, you will have to continue to dream about relaxing on the sofa.

Working Mum said...

Cheshire Wife - that's a depressing thought, I was hoping for half term!

Felinedream said...

You have my sympathy. Roll on half term (although up here in Scotland we only get 2 days off instead of a fell week).

Kelloggsville said...

It would be nice to just yell "STOP" sometimes wouldn't it! Half term is really really close - honestly!!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

mmmm l have a butternut squash in fridge l fancy a recipe for something other than soup or diced and fried....can you help then?

thanks

Jen said...

Love the pictures, here's hoping for a relaxing time soon

Ladybird World Mother said...

Crrrikey. That was busy. I think busy is when I have to pick my nose at the same time as going to the loo. x

rosiero said...

Something's gotta go otherwise you won't make it to half-term!

Muddling Along Mummy said...

I hope you get your sofa time soon - hang on in there !

Working Mum said...

FFF - I made this:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3938/roasted-butternut-squash-with-goats-cheese

Very scrummy!!

Ladybird World Mother - it always comes down to loos, doesn't it?

Mummy Cow said...

Half term - it's our only hope. I feel like we're living parallel lives!
MC x

Polly said...

Just reading that list makes me exhausted. I hope you get some time out soon.

1 husband, 2 kids (and lots of books) said...

if you've any intention of keeping up this good mother, good teacher, good wife lark then I think you might as well sell the sofa... but at least your good deeds will allow you to float above it - your family and school children sound very lucky to have you.. I say treat yourself to a packet of fig rolls!

part mummy part me said...

We women do know how to fill our lives, don't we? Next time, buy the cakes for the cake sale and get hubby to make his own dinner - or order in takeaway.

You deserve to take it easy once in a while ;-)

The Merry said...

Oh, that title summed up my whole day! Plus it made me smile, which I really needed. :)

scaryazeri said...

I dream of my evenings doing that pretty much every day. :) Especially now, since DH is back on!!! love it.