Saturday, 9 January 2010

A cookie mix by any other name......


Whilst my school was closed this week because of the weather daughter and I decided to make Chocolate Reindeer Cookies from this mix she was given for Christmas.

Husband picked up the packet mix and read out:

"Just add egg, butter and milk"

Huh?

"So what does the mix consist of?" I asked, "Flour, sugar and cocoa?"

He looked at the list of ingredients.

"Flour, sugar and cocoa" he replied.

A cookie mix by any other name.........

6 comments:

Michelloui said...

This made me smile. :) Hope you had fun!

Naomi de la Torre said...

LOL. Cute post!!

http://organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com/

Kelloggsville said...

At least it's not like the cake mixes on the shelf in the supermarket - it's flour, dried egg, sugar, hydrogenated fat plus a zillion chemicals. Made for people who have no idea what a cake receipe is and I find it quite frightening!!! My H got given a chocolate truffle set at easter which was basically broken chocolate pieces and a list of ingredients - clever clever marketing

Maggie May said...

Too much for you to expect them to add the egg, milk and butter!
funny!

Nuts in May

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville - I agree that these mixes appear to be clever marketing. And definitely intended for people who do not know how cook; I once saw a pancake batter mix that said "Add eggs and milk"; so that would just be flour, then!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

dear Working Mum, have just had a lovely time catching up with you - your Christmas sounded just perfect. I hope you have sorted the Iceland Trip debacle !!! The Disney Holiday will be wonderful, I'm sure. And your snowy day photos are just great. M xx