Tuesday, 29 December 2009

New Year Resolution

Find a hammer and do my husband's skull in.

I have never been as mad with him as I am today.

In the 21 years I have known him he has never annoyed me as much as today.

And that's counting the endless football matches, training and trips!

Here's what happened:

Today I got the new kitchen calendar out and filled in birthdays, holidays, parents' evenings, rainbows meetings, choir rehearsals, etc.

Then I asked him to fill in City Matches and his U18 football.

That's when he filled in A FIVE DAY TRIP TO ICELAND that I knew nothing about!

As if that wasn't bad enough, he's booked it to arrive home about 10 hours before we set off for Florida on daughter's holiday of a lifetime to Disney!!

One 8 hour delay and he misses his daughter's magical trip!

(And last time, he was delayed by 8 hours on his return)

How could he be so thoughtless, naiive and stupid?

At first he tried to pretend that he had told me about it, but I'd forgotten.

HOW WOULD I FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!

Then, when he realised he was getting nowhere with that tack, he said he hadn't told me because I would "go off on one"! (Thus inadvertently revealing that he knew he'd done wrong)

Too right I would go off on one!

Why couldn't he just have discussed it with me and found a more appropriate time to go?

He's now said that he won't go and is blaming me for him missing the trip!

Just watch the Manchester Evening News next week -

"Manchester Teacher Attacks Husband with Hammer"

9 comments:

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

Oohh dear...I can almost see the steam coming from your ears!!! Ggrrr...what? you mean you didn't go find a hammer immediately?!?!

Mummy Cow said...

Blimey - has he a death wish?? Great start to the year! I'd say he has some serious making up to do!
Happy New Year WM - it can only get better...
MCxx

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

...saucepan, wrench, spanner, lamp
stand and er hot water bottle....

feel better.nope...WTF men are arses!!

btw not totally unrelated.....l read today that more women than ever are divorcing and becoming lesbians......I totally GET IT!!!!

at heart we are bisexual anyhow...(biologically speaking...ergo we deny it) how come the press didnt know it before now.

Jacki said...

WOW...if Peter ever tried that, he'd be in trouble! I am sorry you have to go through that!

On a related note, can you swing by and pick us up on your way to Disney?

Maggie May said...

I would be blazing too. Bad planning.
I can lend you a hammer!

Nuts in May

Kelloggsville said...

OMG - what are they on! I just told my husband and he doesn't get it - he isn't at all shocked and disgusted so now I'm angry with him for not being angry with your husband who's made you angry!!!!!!!!!!! Blimey - that's a lot of anger - can he not go for 4 days? I usually throw in the 'life's priorities' speech at that point in my house and believe it or not my husband tend to drop something like that on me fairly regularly!

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville - sorry, didn't mean to start a domestic in your house too! No, he can't go for four days, the flights from Manchester are all out on a Monday, back on a Friday to Rekjavik (not sure I've spelt that correctly, but don't care)

Hullaballoo said...

Poor man, how little he understands about how women's minds really work. It's not the kind of thing that would slip your mind, is it? Just how much humble pie is he going to have to eat?

Aky said...

I'm actually quite pleased to read this, as I thought it was JUST ME that had a complete NUMPTY for a husband so am grateful to you for sharing this and making me see it's NOT just me!!!

Happy New Year and hope you have a fabulous trip when it comes - with or without him!!!
Aky