Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Technology - love it, hate it

I have now written all my 130 subject reports, although whether the new data management system will eat them or not, I have yet to find out, but I have done them. Huge sigh of relief. I have written them all in Word and pasted them into the new software so that I have copies to forward to IT Support if they disappear into the ether. Only 20 form reports still to do, but I now have to deal with issue of random sets of initials appearing across pupils' reports for no reason. Aaaaaagh!

I could really do without technology!

However, I have been on the internet and ordered lots of Christmas presents to be delivered to me at work so I don't have to go out to shop and I don't have to worry about not being in when they deliver.

I have reserved daughter's Christmas present on-line so I only have to go and collect it next weekend.

I have booked Tesco deliveries every week up to the 18th Dec (Christmas week not available yet).

What would I do without technology?

11 comments:

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Love it too! Have done most of my Christmas shopping online for the last few years now, this one being no exception.

CJ xx

Felinedream said...

Now that I have my shiny new macbook (early christmas present to myself) I shall be doing my present shopping online. Amazon here I come.

Mummy Cow said...

Well done! The end is in sight. You've inspired me - just back from parents' evening, still have to complete the SEF tonight and my parents and brother are coming for the weekend - so like you I'm about to do my weekly shop on line to arrive on Friday afternoon. Thank you!
Now all I need is to hire a chef and a butler and my life will be sorted!
(The receptionist at school is acting as my PA and calling me each time another package from Amazon arrives!).

Working Mum said...

CJ - I've done Xmas shopping on-line since daughter was born - much easier.

Feline dream - ooo a MacBook! I'm using my I- touch or laptop to sort my life out.

Mummy Cow - god bless the Internet and school office staff! Our office will act as a post office for us and send parcels as well as receive (we just pay the postage and away they go!) I couldn't cope without them.

Maggie May said...

You are well organised! Puts me to shame!

Nuts in May

Kelloggsville said...

I reckon 90% of my Christmas shopping came from Amazon! and via http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ a cause can get a donation too.

Got my Christmas week shop booked but not the inbetweens - you set me a'thinking - I'll tootle off and do it now!!!

well done for the reports - nearly there now - you can do it - go girl!!

Suburbia said...

What have you reserved for her?

(Thank goodness for Amazon!)

Jen said...

I was going to book an Ocado delivery for Christmas - but the only slot they had left in my area was 3pm on Christmas Eve!

Can you imagine the chaos if they didn't have something in the order that I really needed?

So I'll be braving the shops a couple of days before instead.

rosiescribble said...

Yes, it really is a love hate relationship, although I have to say, I could not manage without my computer and it my internet connection fails, it really is the end of the world.

Polly said...

ahhh online shopping how It makes life oh so much easier.

rosiero said...

Gosh, you do sound organised. I am still waiting to set up a new laptop and all my Christmas card lists, Christmas shopping lists (ie what to buy for the larder, what to buy nearer the time for the fridge)and the cooking timetable for Christmas day have all crashed on the old computer!!!! Grrrrr.