Thursday, 19 November 2009

Losing it

Think I'm losing my marbles now. Today, as members of my department were struggling with the new Data Management System, I decided to help them by typing up detailed instructions of how to input various types of grades and reports and how to filter and print the parts they need ("Surely IT would do this?" I hear you cry - another story)

Anyway, when I'd finished I e-mailed a copy to everyone and printed out my own version with a cover sheet saying

"Carol's Cool Instructions"

then I took the department's stamps and stamped "Brilliant" "Well done!" and "Superstar!" all over it.

I recommend it!

Boosted my self esteem no end!

8 comments:

Suburbia said...

I wore a sticker at school all day saying 'superstar'! Sometimes we need to be indulged!!

Claire said...

And why not!

Melipop said...

I am going to do this immediately with my thesis. Brilliant strategy.

scaryazeri said...

Hmm...scary. :))) Have a drink tonight,girl.

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

Did you send a copy to the 'IT' department?? If not, you should have, stamped!

Muddling Along Mummy said...

I wish my work had stamps like that

Award for you over at mine to say similar things

rosiero said...

Just catching up with missed posts on my return. You sound as if you are having a stressful time what with workload and a sick daughter! Roll on the Christmas break, eh?

Working Mum said...

Brighton Mum Teenage Angst - I think if IT knew what I'd done I'd be in big trouble, they don't believe in written instructions. Luckily, my instruction sheets are slowly being e-mailed around the staff so most people will have them eventually, by stealth!

Scary - no drink for me, not even food (see my next post) Ho hum!

Rosiero - read your comment this morning, after 24 hours of being sick, so look, it got worse!! Christmas seems so far away at the moment.