Friday, 2 October 2009

I'm leaning on a lamp-post at the corner of the street

Last week daughter did a sponsored lamp-post walk with Rainbows. She asked some members of our family to sponsor her and they did. After the event they all duly paid paid up. Although they did pay for the 23 lamp-posts that I counted on the walk, not the 82 that she counted. Good try, Izzy!

This week I put the money in an envelope and gave it to her to give to the Rainbow leader.

"What's that?" she asked

"It's the sponsor money" I replied

"No, we haven't got it yet"

"Yes, we have. Nana and Grandma and Uncle Steve gave it to me"

"But why are we taking it to Rainbows?"

"Because that's what it's for"

"No, it's not"

"Yes, it is. It was a Rainbow sponsored walk"

"But I asked them to sponsor me" she wailed

I explained that they had sponsored her to do the walk to raise the money for Rainbows.

"Well, next time, I'm doing it for me" she said

Not quite got the idea, has she?

13 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

ahh bless - a little extra clarity required up front next time.

I like the mr men sponser ones where the money goes to the charity but the littlies get something back too. I know they need to learn to give but a gentle start eases the way!!!!!

rosiescribble said...

Good girl. She has definitely got the right idea. Made me chuckle!

The wife of bold said...

I like her way of thinking, charity begins at home afterall :)

Maggie May said...

That was a scream! Great thinking behind it!

rosiero said...

Poor love. I bet next time she'll think twice about offering her services!!

family affairs said...

How disappointing for her - I can totally see her point. Lx

Jacki said...

Hahahhha, you gotta admit she has a great way of seeing things!

gigi said...

That is to funny! Poor Izzy :(

cheshire wife said...

Oh! Isn't life hard? I think that she did very well.

Maternal Tales said...

Oh that's too cute. I can see her point though...can't you just give her a little something???!!! Pretty please? xx

Polly said...

Well now that is enterprising!!!

kestrel said...

This is the first time I have heard of a lamp post walk and it is ingenious. Poor Izzy, she must have been tired and looking forward to the "treat." I think all kids should get a little token of appreciation for giving to charity - maybe ice creams at the finish line.

Working Mum said...

Don't worry, all of you who think she should have got something at the end - there was a teddy bear's picnic at the end where the children brough their teddies and we all sat on blankets eating cake. So she did get some enjoyment out of it!