Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Guaranteed

Here's a thing. Have you seen that advert on TV for Barclays Guaranteed Bonds? Well, five years ago I took one out and was looking forward to it maturing this week. A holiday abroad, a new car,....... oh, the things I have thought about spending it on during the last five years.

Well, the interest was guaranteed to be 75% of the uplift in the FTSE 100 over the five year term of the bond......................................

............ I'll just give you a minute to digest that ............................

................. yes, that would be zero, then!

Yep, I've just received a guaranteed zero interest.

Who knew there'd be a global recession?

Take away and a bottle of wine, then.

7 comments:

Maggie May said...

Similar things have happened here, WM.
Oh well...... I'm keeping working!

Word Ver: Bolingsh That just about sums it up!

Nuts in May

Suburbia said...

At least you didn't loose anything though, well only hopes!

Better luck next time!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

So you get nowt. I get it's better than a minus..?!

You can still dream though.
CJ xx

Working Mum said...

Yes, I do get my original stake back, which is more than can be said about my shares in Northern Rock! C'est la vie!

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

That sucks! Enjoy your takeaway & bottle of wine!

Donna said...

Oh No!!!! Well...5 long years..Lordy!!
Just smile..nothing else to be done!((HUG))

Polly said...

Oh, how disapointing. Enjoy the takeaway.