Friday, 25 September 2009

There's an app for that!

I've been spending the last few evenings avoiding both housework and marking whilst trying to get to grips with my new birthday present. It's been a bit frustrating, but now I've got the hang of it, I think it's fab!

What did I get?

Well, it was something off my list.

I didn't think I would get it, but I did.

Look what husband bought me for my birthday:




The boy did well.

Once I'd figured out how to switch it on (I kid you not) and how to charge it up, I downloaded i-tunes and I was off. I've now put some CDs onto it, put the photos from our summer holiday on and filled the diary with my pressing engagements. I've changed the weather app to show Manchester and I've downloaded a few apps, mainly games like pac-man (remember that?). My family, who knew what I was getting, kindly bought me some i-tunes vouchers so I've been having fun at the i-tunes store. I'm hooked!

I'm now known for walking round the house going:

"There's an app for that!"


9 comments:

Maggie May said...

Wow! Very lovely pressie to receive. You have done well with you loading up and applications.

Pac man is a firm favourite at the after school club and the kids argue & moan about whose turn it is next!

Karen Kilbride said...

You and I share the same birthday - you're only the second person I've met who shares the same day as me. And we both had an iPhone as a present! Mine isn't working properly yet, but I love it all the same. Hope you had a lovely day. Love your blog!

sallymandy said...

Fancy that...Lovely! I would need a full-on tutor if that were my present. I hope you get lots of use out of it.

Polly said...

Oh you lucky thing. Have fun working out your new toy.

Working Mum said...

Maggie - pacman is very popular in this house too

Karen - I know three other people with the same birthday as me, very popular day. Hope you had a great one!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

+*11??)(&^% my son and hub have one and l'm so jealous, have to make do with my tocco, which is FAB to, but not in an sublime apple way!!

belated Happy Birthday!

scrappysue said...

oh no, not another iphone addict!!1 enjoy :)

Tawny said...

I do the same thing. My Al bought me one for my birthday, I have everything from an eggtimer to Trivial Pursuit. It is strangely addictive....

Bev said...

i had a ipod touch and i loved it, i went to the dentist and watch 'pets' on it while the dentist tred to see to me( he made me switch it ff as he was sneaking a peek) but a few weeks lated we had a house fire and i lost it ( alone with everything else i owned) now i would love a iphone but nope cant afford that so for my birthday next month i have asked for vouchers so i can get another one, i normally get money and it goes on one of the kids shoes or a xmas present or food, but this time i am spending it on me, yes my birthday money on me wow!!! so now i keep saying to the kids, remember remember the ninth of november so they can tell there dad not to forget!!