Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Frankie & Meany's

I recently got a voucher for Frankie & Benny's through my Debenhams account.

Free kids meal when accompanied by a full paying adult.

Oh good, I thought, there's a Frankie & Benny's in Manchester, Stockport and The Trafford Centre, I can use it one Saturday or during half term.

I printed it off and read the small print:

Under 11's only, Monday - Friday, after 5pm before 31st October, but not during half term.

What use is that?!

My under 11 is in bed by 6.30pm Mon - Fri, except during half term.

Frankie & Meany's more like!!!

8 comments:

Maggie May said...

That was a complete waste of time. Just a trick to rope you in.

Kelloggsville said...

perhaps you should write to them and ask - I'll bet they send you something :0)

Hullaballoo said...

Ooooh that makes me mad! What a complete con. Kids don't eat much anyway.

Insomniac Mummy said...

Flaming T&C's. No such thing as a free lunch. Sigh.

You should do what Kellogsville said.

:)

cheshire wife said...

There is always a catch!

mater familias said...

Go on the way home from school as a treat on a Friday some time!

Jacki said...

What strange fine-print!

I also get mad when I get excited about something only to find out there's a catch!

I agree, write or call and let them know how disappointed you are.

The Woman who Can said...

You see, this is what happens when it's named after a sort of American/Italian thing - they turn it into the Mafia...