Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Ulterior motive? Moi?

Last weekend I was talking to my mum and I mentioned that daughter hadn't been to stay with them for over a year. It's not that they don't want her, but both my parents still work (dad full-time and mum part-time) and with daughter at school now, it is just difficult to fit it in. We visit a lot at weekends, but Izzy loves to stay there on her own and be spoiled rotten (grandparents' prerogative).

Suddenly my mum jumped up and said, "We could have her next weekend!"

"Great!" I said, "She'll love that"

"Uh, oh" said husband.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, if Izzy is staying with your parents, that means you have a list of jobs for us to do"

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Damn, he knows me too well!


16 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

so the big question is how early do you let him have the list?!

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville - I think I'll drip feed him the jobs so he isn't overwhelmed!

scaryazeri said...

Would never work with mine! You must teach me a lesson or two. :)

The wife of bold said...

Aha you evil genius, drip feed definitely!! Like your style :)

Maggie May said...

He's catching on!
That will be lovely to have a weekend free. Grandparents will love it too.

Potty Mummy said...

Of course, you could just be looking for a lie-in...?

gigi said...

You are a wise woman :)

Ladybird World Mother said...

OK. So how long is this list??!!

Working Mum said...

Ladybird World Mother - We'll start with cleaning the patio, then painting Izzy's playhouse and gradually work up to stripping the paint from the staircase. Oh, and we've just had to add getting the bathroom company to admit liability for the shower which is leaking through the hall ceiling (we've had to pull part of the ceiling down) and getting them to come and fix it - properly!

Insomniac Mummy said...

LOL! Mine can spot an ulterior motive a mile off too :D.

I have tagged you in a Meme over at mine if yoiu want to join in?

:)

Absolutely Write said...

Combine the jobs with fun!

Insomniac Mummy said...

Oooops, I've now tagged you in two meme's......sorry!

Just pick one if yoiu don't fancy both.

:)

Polly said...

That is one clever way to get some jobs done!!!

Catharine Withenay said...

Ah, yes ... The List. At least you were able to fit yours into a comment of reasonable length. Mine might require some additional computer memory!

Jacki said...

We are fortunate that we live only about 10- minutes from my parents, and they love having her over. Sometimes my mom will call and ask if Emma can come watch a movie with them, or eat dinner, or spend the night. Those times are always fun. :-)

Maternal Tales said...

Hee hee - sounds like hubby knows you too well!! x