Sunday, 2 August 2009

Laugh? I thought my sides had split!

OMG!

I have not laughed so much in ages.

Why?

One word:

Wii

I bought husband a Wii with Wii Sports and Wii Fit last week for his birthday. He's wanted one for a while and I thought that the horrible, rainy summer holiday we're having could be brightened up by a bit of lounge sports, given that we can't go outside to play. (Welly wanging practice has been suspended)

I just didn't realise how funny it would be.

Just the sight of the Miis alone makes me giggle to start with. He's made ones of my mum and dad and his mum. Seeing my dad playing baseball is funny enough, but my MIL making home runs...... priceless!!

But nothing compares to watching real people doing the sports:

There was the sight of husband doing the ski jump. I was on the floor laughing with tears rolling down my face.

My attempt at the slalom was equally debilitating as I couldn't sway for laughing.

Watching Izzy trying to do step aerobics by following her Grandad's Mii on the screen had me in fits.

I am now aching all over from the tennis, skiing, boxing, aerobics, baseball and football, not to mention the laughing.

But the best bit...........

........... watching Izzy beat husband at golf!!

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

What is his golf membership for?

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

I've just spent ALL afternoon in the garden moving a small pond & catching frogs. When I say small I mean minute!
I am exhausted...... don't need a Wii. I dare say I looked funny leaping after panicking frogs.

PippaD said...

You will have to go and waste some time at You Tube looking up laughing baby wii, there are hundreds of funny videos!

We have Sports Resorts now and Baby Boy enjoys watching us on that.

Reminds me I will have to write a post about Baby Boys wii controller...

Iota said...

I love the miis too. Try angling the eyebrows so hard that they turn into vertical horns!

Felinedream said...

The Wii is a constant source of amusement in my house. At the moment I'm taking a break from my bossy 6 year old who is trying to teach me to bowl.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Wii is fun, isn't it? I didn't like Wii fit much when I tried it at my brother's place... but I keep reading how it's transformed people's waistlines. Now I'm thinking I might need to pick it up.