Friday, 28 August 2009

Just call me Nigella

I think I've been possessed by some weird Domestic Goddess Spirit now. Following on from my cupcake course and revamping the kitchen, I felt inspired to do some baking. Looking through my bible:


I read a note from the Goddess Nigella about making muffins for breakfast by weighing out your ingredients the night before and just mixing it all together in the morning and baking them.

So, yesterday, daughter and I went and picked some more blackberries and after she'd gone to bed I weighed out the ingredients for the muffins.

This morning I put the oven on, mixed the wet and dry ingredients together and 20 mins later we were eating blackberry muffins for breakfast!

Domestic Goddess or what?

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

(Don't worry, it won't last, I'm back to school next week and it'll be Weetabix again)

8 comments:

Ladybird World Mother said...

Right. Will do that too. Domestic Goddesses both!

gigi said...

Hey, Nigella, you are tops!

Maggie May said...

I love those muffins. Great job.

Kelloggsville said...

Aha! very good - now do it on a school morning!!!!!!

Your cakes really look like they rock though, I would love to have that finness you have. No matter how hard I try (and they taste good) mine always look "home made"!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Weetabix! I can't even manage that in a morning!

CJ xx

rosiero said...

Summer holiday goddess!!! As you say, once you are back to school mornings......

Hullaballoo said...

Now that's impressive. I am awaiting a baking wave, those muffins sound amazing.

scrappysue said...

domestic goddess it is!