Monday, 3 August 2009

Izzy the Mad Scientist

Has anyone watched "Bang goes the Theory" yet? I had to record it with being away, but now that I've seen the first episode, I can safely say that I love Dr Yan! Who wouldn't? A man who can fry eggs in a piece of newspaper!



The best bit for me (and Izzy) though was the vortex cannon. How much fun is that?



The programme was a little reminiscent of Tomorrow's World, but with a more modern look and feel. The crazy experiments were just the thing to inspire and excite me when I was younger and they are doing the same for my daughter:

Today I caught her in the bathroom mixing shampoo, soap and bubble bath together like a mad scientist saying things like "And that's how you get carbon dioxide. Yes, dioxide!" to her teddies!

She then came and showed me the resulting 'gel' mixture she'd made which she informed me was green because she'd used blue Matey and yellow banana bubble bath.

What will she be like after we've visited the "Bang Goes the Theory Roadshow"?

Think I'd better hide all the cleaning fluids!

(Next episode tonight at 7.30pm on BBC1)

7 comments:

gigi said...

No, I've never seen it! But I think we would love it at this house :)

Maggie May said...

Ha...... watch out for explosions! Move ALL substances that could cause one! LOL!

Kelloggsville said...

I sense a stained carpet coming on....be prepared!

Moannie said...

I let this programme pass by, thinking it was just another kids show with lots of mud and fizzing bottles. Definately will be watching from now on...I understood every word.

Claire Sutton said...

That sounds a bit like eldest son once we had read Roald Dahl's "George's Marvellous Medicine". The book does come with a warning to kids not to try George's mixture but eldest son had a go anyway, luckily only with items in the bathroom.

Sounds a great programme, I'll look out for it in about a year when it will have made it's way to Australia!

The Dotterel said...

Oh wow, there's a roadshow. I must try and get to it! Thanks for the tip-off.

(Very) Lost in France said...

WM - there's an award for you over at mine. VLiF