Saturday, 22 August 2009

Cupcakes Galore!

Look what I did!




I've had the best day ever!!!!

I've been to Leah's Pantry at Harrop Fold Farm, Macclesfield for the "Cupcakes Galore" course and it was fab!

(I must point out that I haven't been asked to write a review for this, I just went with my friend for fun and had such a good time, I had to blog about it)

Everything about the day was just so perfect, from Leah's fabulous kitchen, to the wonderful lunch in the award winning B&B at the farm, to the great time I had making and decorating cupcakes. There were only seven people on the course held in Leah's own kitchen so it was lovely and intimate and we had her undivided attention as we attempted to make fondant icing roses or watermelons. All our ingredients were weighed out ready for us and there was no washing up at the end! Now that's what I call baking! I really couldn't fault anything on the course at all.

Now, I'm sure you want to see the results (luckily husband and daughter were out at the football when I got home so I was able to take some photos before they descended and ate them) so here's what I came home with:



Now, ready for a closer look?

Fancy a chocolate brownie cake with rocky road topping?


Or how about a lemon meringue cake?



Blueberry cake with frosted blackberry?


or chocolate dipped strawberry?



Or how about my favourite - the fruit cocktails?


How fantastic are they?

And what fun I had making them!

Now, time to book on the Christmas Cupcake Course, I think!

23 comments:

mater familias said...

Which ones have you eaten, then? Lemon meringue was superb. There are now four cupcakes fewer in our beautiful presentation box this evening! If you want to do the Christmas course, we had better book quickly - some dates are already full.

gigi said...

These are FANTASTIC!!! Way to go! I love things like this and I would so enjoy a day of fun :)

rosiero said...

They look too good to eat, but I could be persuaded!

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Yum
Yum yum yum yum
Bet they tasted as good as they looked...
what an amazing day!

scrappysue said...

you did goooooooooooooooood. my cupcake class was over 3 weeks and i had SO MUCH FUN! they look amazing! jealous!

Sharon Owens said...

Gorgeous cupcakes!!! I bought some pink buncases from Avoca a while back - now I think I'll get baking myself. You have inspired me!!!

Working Mum said...

Mater Familias - five have disappeared so far; yes, let's do the Christmas one!

Gigi - it so exceeded my expectations, you must find a course near you

Rosiero - Never too good to eat, you can always make more!

Fi - They taste superb; the lemon meringue one was gorgeous (filled with lemon curd)

Scrappy Sue - I remember you doing your course and how much fun you had so I thought I'd do one myself, you were the inspiration!

Sharon - I'm sure you will get hooked!

PippaD said...

I love making cupcakes and doing different designs, a bit too far for me to go on the course, so if you could do some more and take pictures, I'll copy yours!

They look great and I am sure they tasted great too oh and glad you had fun!

Hullaballoo said...

I liked the one with the umbrella best. Do they do cupcake courses for Satanists and members of Hells Angels? I would be inclined to give my cupcakes a bit of a sinister, Hand that Rocks the Cradle twist, but then I do tend to be badly behaved on courses lol.

Working Mum said...

Pippa - I also got a book for my birthday see http://workingmumonverge.blogspot.com/2008/09/birthdays-and-baking.html there are loads of ideas in there (available from Amazon)

Hullaballoo - I'm sure you could do some bats and stuff (getting a little worried about you, though)

Kelloggsville said...

wow!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Oh you are naughty, but very nice! These are lovely, could even be tempted to do a course like this myself.

CJ xx

Reluctant Housewife said...

they're great!

And now I'm hungry.

Mom of Three said...

You could seriously have your own swanky, high-priced bakery! These are fantastic!

Who's the Mummy said...

Oh my GOD!!! Amazing. Will definitely be checking out THAT course, thanks for posting.

Frog in the Field said...

OHMYGOD!!
They are gorgeous!
Can mine have a frog on top please?

Claire said...

They look absolutely yummy scrummy!

Suburbia said...

Beautiful fun cakes, wish I could try one!

A Modern Mother said...

wow, those look yummy!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Mouth dripping with drool. Yum. Want One Now. xx

Polly said...

Absolutely fantastic, what a fun way to spend a day.

Mamma Po said...

What an amazing-sounding day. I would love to do something like this but think Macclesfield a tad far to travel from Isle of Wight - at least just for the day! How did you find out about the course. Must see if there's anything similar going on on the Island... Thanks for the inspiration!

Working Mum said...

Mamma Po - yes, it is a bit far for you. I saw it advertised in the Good Food magazine in an article on courses. Usually the courses are all 'down south' so I was so pleased when I saw one in Cheshire!