Wednesday, 1 July 2009

The end is nigh

The end of term, that is. I break up next Tuesday for the long eight week holiday and I'm now on the wind down. I've written all the reports and UCAS references, I've updated schemes and resources, visited pupils on Work Experience, trained the staff in ICT skills and I've implemented a new initiative for September. Sports Day and Speech Day have come and gone and we're all just waiting for the end to arrive.

Now, the thing is, as the year comes to an end, I start to get my evenings back. No more marking homework, preparing lessons or writing reports. So what do I do?

Well, I refuse to fire up the steam stripper in this heat to finish stripping the hall, stairs and landing, there's nothing on the telly (I don't do sport) and so I turn to the laptop.

Tonight husband is late home from work (don't feel sorry for him, some annual golf tournament and dinner thing) and so I have unfettered access to the laptop. Here's what happened:

Mmm, I'll see if there are any comments on my blog........

I'll just read a few others blogs ..........

Might as well order this week's Tesco shop .............

I know, I'll update my list on Lovefilm .........

I'll just look for a nest of tables for the lounge ........

Has to match the coffee table ........

Yes, that's perfect ......

Ooo look, there's a little sideboard in the same range, that would look perfect on the end wall.......

I'll just add it to the basket.......

Five week's delivery...... that'll be when we get back from holiday ........

I'll order them.........


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

£714

Ooops!




15 comments:

Mrs OMG Pregnant said...

Ha ha ha ... this is what I end up doing, But I now save the basket and if I still want everything the next day (and there's enough money in my account) I order!

Mom of Three said...

My laptop has killed my productivity. Sure, I try to tell myself that I'm learning things, or it's a valid source of recreation, but the fact is the dog hair eddies are still rolling across the floor like tumbleweeds...

Maggie May said...

You are lucky to be finishing school so soon. We have several weeks yet!

rosiero said...

That was an expensive night in!! I don't envy you the teachers' UCAS references - they must be a nightmare to do. Kay had trouble enough just writing the student one!

A Modern Mother said...

You must be very happy summer is almost here (and the nice weather).

My parents were bother teachers and in the US we had about three months off (June, July and most of August). I was so wonderful to have them both home and we took loads of trips (once acorss the US in an estate--a station wagon in the US).

Enjoy your summer!

Maternal Tales said...

Hee hee - yes that sounds just like me on the computer - how to waste every evening!!! We've still got three weeks left at school and sport's day isn't until next week...and I'm sure I'll let you know how we get on there...I've already had 'I'm the fastest in my class Mummy' - I'll be waiting with the tissues when all the boys overtake her!!! Hope you all have a fantastic Summer holiday... x

Moannie said...

You would probably have more fun looking for those goodies in Thrift Shops...and do your bit to recycle at the same time...Enjoy your Hols...soon be Christmas.

Kelloggsville said...

The internet is a dust bunnies best friend!!

Jacki said...

Hahhaa...oh that is why I have to stay away from online stores! We are going to Denmark next month, so I want to save our money. :-)

Enjoy your break!

Working Mum said...

To be honest, I may have exaggerated the impulsiveness of the purchase; we have talked about tables and a little cabinet for months and I sort of knew what I wanted, I just decided to buy them last night. It was the act of clicking 'purchase' that made me panic a little. :)

Suburbia said...

Weeks yet until our end of term :(

Really Rachel said...

Ah, it's easily done! Hope the last few days go quickly!

Absolutely Write said...

Aaaaghhh! What a lot of cash. It's so easily done though, eh?

Catharine Withenay said...

Sounds all too familiar...

Mummy Cow said...

You break up on Tuesday?? I break up 2 weeks on Tuesday! V envious! Still, we've both earned our holidays. And we both know that time off school doesn't mean time off work. When do we really stop? I'll be in school for at least a week of the holidays - not including two results days, new staff induction day and pre-term parents meetings. You have to be a teacher to understand.
Enjoy your holiday - you deserve it.
x