Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Cravings, what cravings?

The site Gurgle.com has just published an article about the delightful world of mummy blogs and listed its top 20 mummy blogs and guess who's listed

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

That would be me.

So a big "Hello" to anyone who has popped in via Gurgle.com.

Gurgle.com is a useful site for all pregnancy and baby related information and, had it been around when I was pregnant, I may not have spent a fortune on pregnancy books and magazines trying to become acquainted with the mystical world of pregnancy and childbirth.

Why are there so many things no one ever tells you?

The most frightening thing for me was that for the first five months of pregnancy I didn't have morning sickness or cravings, no, nothing so normal for Working Mum. What happened to me was that I was unable to stomach chocolate!

Not a bar of Fruit and Nut or Old Jamaica could pass my lips. Not a Ritter Sport could be eaten. Not even a tiny bar of Toblerone. See, I told you it was bad! I had a bar of Green & Blacks in the kitchen cupboard from July until January. Unnatural!

Of course, I forced myself back on to the stuff by January, but the terrible memory still lingers.

12 comments:

The Dotterel said...

My wife is still off tea, eighteen months after Charlie was born. And for someone who would happily have several mugs before breakfast, that's quite a change. Strange thing, pregnancy...

SandyCalico said...

Me too! I got an enormous box of Thorntons from work for the birthday before we told anyone I was pregnant the first time and each time I tried to take a bite, well you can guess the rest. Luckily with pregnancy number two I didn't have the same problem. Unfortunately no one bought me chocolates then!
Congrats on the Gurgle list :-)

rosiero said...

Just returned from my break and catching up. Enjoy your holiday -I am sure you need it.

Kelloggsville said...

a day without chocolate is a day without sunshine, poor you - still the end result was worth it :0)

Congrats on your 15 minutes of fame - hope it last much much longer than that x

Mummy Cow said...

Oh my goodness - my
husband knew I was pregnant because I took a bite of a Ripple and threw it in the bin, claiming it was 'off'. He gave me a pregnancy test kit, sent me upstairs and the rest is history! I didn't eat any chocolate for my entire pregnancy. I thought it was only me that had that reaction!

Congratulations on being in Gurgle's top 20 - well done!

MC x

gigi said...

Well how cool is that?? Congratulations on the nomination.

Claire Sutton said...

Congratulations on your promotion in blogger heights! And the chocolate? What a complete nightmare that would be, no wonder you're still traumatised.

Polly said...

Congrats on your top 20.

No chocolate cravings while pregnant - I wish! I don't even really like the stuff when Im not preg but put a baby in my belly and Im the chocomonster!!

Catharine Withenay said...

Almost the complete opposite. I had awful morning sickness (both pregnancies) and the only thing that would assuage it was dark chocolate - the darker the better.

Of course, the craving was not limited to pregnancy, but at least then I had an excuse!

(Congrats on Gurgle, btw!)

Expat mum said...

Congrats! Of course what they should really tell you is that it isn't "morning" sickness at all. In many cases it lasts all day and goes on for months. I don't think I have ever felt so "green" in my life, and that includes some horrendous hangovers.

scrappysue said...

not being able to eat chocolate? pure torture. oh the things we sacrifice for our kids

scrappysue said...

congrats on the top 20 listing!!!