Saturday, 23 May 2009

Worst Mummy in the World now

Following on from my last post, here's yesterday's offering:

Daughter was going on her school trip to Knowsley Safari Park. This was the culmination of their activity week studying Africa. She was very excited.

Now, she needed a packed lunch and the school's healthy eating rules had been relaxed for the day out. I made her the usual picnic we have when we go out as a family:

  • sandwiches
  • smoothie
  • water
  • cherry tomatoes
  • pepper sticks
  • strawberries and blueberries
  • fromage frais
Then, as a special treat, I bought her a gingerbread man and attached a sticker saying "Love from Mummy x"

That would do it, surely?

Best mummy in the world stuff?

I picked her up at the end of the day to be met with:

"Why was I the only person in the world who didn't have crisps?"

12 comments:

Maternal Tales said...

Oh no! Looks like you can't win. The gingerbread man would have won my ones over I think! x

Mean Mom said...

Oh, dear! Do you thing you should change the name of your blog to Worst Mummy?

Kelloggsville said...

! You'll never win !

Good job we love them so much, or you'd want to shoot them!

Sounded like a lovely lunch to me.

x

Maggie May said...

Oh my....... there's no pleasing them!

OMG Pregnant said...

Ha ha ha ... she'll thank you for it one day!

rosiescribble said...

I've heard that complaint before. No matter how hard I try, I never get it right, Bet she was chuffed with the gingerbread man though. She'll have remembered that and lodged it in the 'Mummy loves me' memory bank. Don't worry!

rosiero said...

You can never win!

Iota said...

Ah, parenting is a thankless task.

scrappysue said...

someo days you just CAN'T win! that's a pretty yummy sounding lunch to me! they always want what they don't have huh?

Brit in Bosnia / Fraught Mummy said...

Gingerbread man? Much nicer! Bet the other kids were jealous.

Some days you just can't win. Sigh.

Hullaballoo said...

I Love that, "the ONLY person in the world" thing that kids do. There is no good response, the damage has already been done and now they just want to hurl their vitriol at you.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Sounds like the best lunch ever.

Kids, eh?